Armitage's Dimension Logo. Click here to Refresh Main Page.

Forum Index > ArmiTunes > Music and Video New Topic Post Reply
 What was your FIRST!!!

Anonymous: Shinji Ikary
 12/20/05 12:35AM  

...huuuuuu so long time since i started... maybe my first was, Heidi, back when I was 5 years old, since then a lot thing had happened, Ultraman, DB, DBZ etc.. maybe I was one of the first seing Rurouni Kenshin (aka Samurai X), ... Confused

Arsuru
 02/16/06 03:06PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

After much thinking, research, and recalling of old memories, I think I can finaly give an accurate response to this. It was a very long time ago. I was probably, six years old or something, but I\'m pretty sure mine was also Samurai Pizza Cats. So I will accredit that as my first.

I remember seeing Transformers around the same era as SPC, but I think it was probably the original American version, not the Japanese made series.

Then there was Speed Racer, and later on I saw Sailor Moon. I even stayed home \"sick\" from school a few times just to watch it. I think I had a crush on Usagi... hehe... Sailor Moon was the first time I recognized a specific style that was different from American cartoons, though I still had no idea it was from Japan.

And then of course, came Pokémon, that really, opened the floodgates, if you will. With that, and many of the other anime that was airing at the time, including Digimon and such, I started to recognize what anime was. And by that I mean cartoons from Japan. I must thank Fox Kid\'s or Kid\'s WB or whatever it was, for that much at least. But I will forever hate them for removing Escaflowne, (which I was really liking. Then it was just gone and I was like.. \"wtf..\") and for the henious butchering of the shows they air...

Then ya know, there was Dragon Ball Z. A lot of people I knew liked it, but I never really got into it...

And then there was the good ol\' Midnight Run on Cartoon Network. And with that came Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star (Outlaw Star first introduced me to Japanese music). I became hopelessly addicted, spiraling further and further into otakudom, with no chance of salvation from then on. I remember .hack//sign as another one that really got me hooked. I\'d watch any anime I could find on television, which was at the time stuff like Ruroni Kenshin, Inuyasha, and Yu Yu Hakusho. Of course, I rarely watch anime on television now, with the editing and all... I have better sources now anyways.

And that\'s my story.

But let me say… if I behave… can you arrange a spacious hole in the ground? Somewhere nice, make it nice, where the land meets high tide.

Profile Email Website
Im With Stupid
 02/16/06 03:28PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Hmmm, tough one this. I probably saw some anime on TV as a kid, but just didn\'t recognise it as such.

Then there was that late night crap that was on Channel 4 years ago, but I don\'t rate that stuff, purely sex and violence anime intended to shock our western sensibilities, which is what most foreign films shown on C4 are meant to do.

The first one I saw which I took seriously was the first Patlabor movie. It had style, substance, intrigue, twists and turns, it was, for all intents and purposes, a film, but animated! I will always have a special place for that film in my heart. After all, the first time is special for everyone! Mr. Green

Even if you rip the pictures out of Playboy, you're still getting caught reading Playboy. - Pat Boivin

Profile Email
Madubex
 02/18/06 06:14PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Quote by C starwind: Hello Anime fans. I was just sitting here and listening to all the wonderful music daydreaming about my favorite Anime shows. When I started thinking about what gave me that push to go down this long and captive road of wondrous dreams. And whats in my dusty mind you say. Shows like Speed Racer, Marine Boy,and who could forget Ultraman. So please what we would like to know is what show jumped right out at you and said take me home you\'ll just love me. What was that title and how many new shows did you get from opening that door. So tell us whats your FAVS in Anime.

my very first anime i saw that put me on the long and winding road of anime was actually the most controversial movies ever made by Manga...i speak of course of Urotsukidoji (kinda cool to have the most hated anime movie as my first ever lol)

my favourite anime are loads from the gory elfen lied, to the romantic anime of His and Her circumstances, to the shounen ai of Gravitation and the shoujo ai of Maria sama ga miteru, the child friendly cardcaptor sakura to the adult based anime like Kimi ga Nozomu Eien KIMINOZO, from the new animes like Shuffle! and Mai hime to the cult classics of Neon Genesis Evangelion and Ranma 1/2
I LOVE ALL ANIME!!!!!!!!!

also would you believe since i started being a fan of anime i purchused 250 series and i love them all lol

in every person...there is a heart, in every heart, there is a dream, and in every dream...there is Hope, But only..if your willing..to take the risk

Profile Email Website
Nomi
 03/20/06 12:03PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

my first anime was Sailor Moon...

there aren´t many animees in germany..
just a few, i guess...
lets see.. somthing i can remember is... digimon, pokemon, one piece, dragonball, yu-gi-oh, ranma... erm..
you see, just a few...

I think that Naruto will start as soon as posible...
But I don´t know when..

So my favourite Anime is Naruto.. or Chobits.. *gg*

.. and sorry for my bad english.. Wink

Profile Email Website
wxnut
 04/05/06 11:24PM  
+++++
Rock Legend
thoughtful

The first ones I saw that I recognized as anime were Akira and Riding Bean. But renting Project A-Ko and watching it over 10 times on a weekend in early 1994 was what got me hooked for life. (Gah! 12 years already?)

--wxnut

Profile Email
Anonymous: crys20
 04/06/06 01:54AM  

My first anime was Magic Knight Rayearth. I still have my old fansubs.

Manjushage
 04/06/06 10:37AM  
+++++
Rock Legend
artistic

The first time I ever REALIZED I was watching anime, was around the time Cartoon Network first came out...they were playing Vampire Hunter D and Twilight of the *censored*roaches back to back. Needless to say, I fell in love the moment I saw D come on the screen, and I\'ve been hooked ever since to the point of even teaching myself how to draw in the style more befitting manga as opposed to comic art resembling X-Men and whatnot.

However, I was always a huge fan of Gatchaman, Speed Racer, and Voltron...had no idea they were anime when I was small. lol

Profile Email
Manjushage
 04/06/06 10:39AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Quote by Manjushage: The first time I ever REALIZED I was watching anime, was around the time Cartoon Network first came out...they were playing Vampire Hunter D and Twilight of the *censored*roaches back to back. Needless to say, I fell in love the moment I saw D come on the screen, and I\'ve been hooked ever since to the point of even teaching myself how to draw in the style more befitting manga as opposed to comic art resembling X-Men and whatnot.

However, I was always a huge fan of Gatchaman, Speed Racer, and Voltron...had no idea they were anime when I was small. lol

Eek! now that\'s just amusing. I could see if it was by itself, but it makes it so obvious whenever it\'s half a word. Oops! Razz

Profile Email
Nana
 04/06/06 10:53AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

The first anime I can recall watching was Poltergeist Report and 3x3 Eyes...ah, the good old days. I need to go back and find all the stuff that got me hooked on Japan in the first place. It\'s opened me up to tons of anime, music, and cosplay.

"Foreteller of the moon, lead me by your guidance, if not sleep in silence."-D'espairsRay "in vain"

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.07 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Favorite Songs

You must be logged in to use the Favorites List!

User Functions

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Lost your password?

Chatterblock

Total public Chats: 278923
You must be logged in to post in the Chatterblock!
Auto-Refresh 60 seconds

Song Search