Armitage's Dimension Logo. Click here to Refresh Main Page.

Forum Index > ArmiTunes > Music and Video New Topic Post Reply
 Manga Apps & Online Readers

Sailor Moon
 11/17/14 11:58AM  
MMMMM

Regarding the rest of the suggestions, it seems like online readers (via browser) seem to be the preferred method.

I have mixed feelings about those options as I liked being able to have the option to read offline because of the DLs. But hey, if these are the best ways to explore new * old manga, then so be it. ^_^ I'll just have to watch my data usage...lol.

I really appreciate all of the suggestions. I will be looking at each one and then try to determine which one or ones will provide me what I want.

I will do my best to reply back to let you know what I chose to do...it may be some time as I am kinda busy at work and with the holidays coming I still don't know what kind of down time I will have...and I'm still setting up my phone -_-,

Again many thanks and if anyone have more suggestions - please feel free to post them. Smile

...Sailor Moon says.... you can change the world one A.R.K. at a time. ^_^

Profile Email
spiggy
 11/17/14 12:01PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

I use BakaReader EX for light novels on my phone.

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Profile Email Website
DesertPunk
 11/17/14 10:57PM  
++++-
Seasoned Veteran

If you don't mind a few steps then this my be a option for you. First you need the Comicrack app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cyo.comicrack.viewer.free&hl=en

Then you can go to any site that lets you download manga. I like to go to bakaBT http://bakabt.me/index.php

If the files are not in a .rar or .zip then you need to make them. Then change the file extension to .cbr for a .rar and .cbz for a .zip. Then you upload the files to your tablet or phone. Then use the app to read them.

This will also work on windows and ios tablets and phones too. You just need to download the version for the one you have.

The original DesertPunk.

Profile Email
CHCerberus
 11/21/14 01:17PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

I use MangaZoo or MangaPanda for most everything I read.

Fear is the mindkiller I must not fear. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

Profile Email Website
Kousaka-san
 11/21/14 09:21PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Quote by: Sailor Moon

Regarding the rest of the suggestions, it seems like online readers (via browser) seem to be the preferred method.

I have mixed feelings about those options as I liked being able to have the option to read offline because of the DLs. But hey, if these are the best ways to explore new * old manga, then so be it. ^_^ I'll just have to watch my data usage...lol.

I really appreciate all of the suggestions. I will be looking at each one and then try to determine which one or ones will provide me what I want.

I will do my best to reply back to let you know what I chose to do...it may be some time as I am kinda busy at work and with the holidays coming I still don't know what kind of down time I will have...and I'm still setting up my phone -_-,

Again many thanks and if anyone have more suggestions - please feel free to post them. Smile

MangaSearcher the Android app downloads it to your phone. So while on WiFi you can download the latest chapter, or click the "download all" option to save the entire series to your phone. Then you can read it later without using your data. The other option is NYAA torrents. You can set the search to "Literature-english translated" but then you will need a good manga book reader app. That is the best way to catch up on a long series like One Piece or Bleach.

I wish someone would come up with a Crunchyroll for Manga. I love reading manga, but it costs way to much through the playstore or iTunes. $6.99 X 71 volumes, just to catch up on One Piece through the Playstore.
Thats why all of my manga is in paperback.

ps. I was using SCViewer back then...

Profile Email
Sailor Moon
 06/13/18 09:50AM  
MMMMM
working

*dusts off thread*

I wanted to revive this thread since I had to get a new phone. I am looking into a new Manga Reader that is similar to Mango (as previously mentioned in my original post). I would side load this app again however the last few times I accessed the app I was forced off-line since it could not connect with the app server - my guess is that they finally took it down. It was a great app while it lasted (dev got screwed by early Google practices -_-).

I had DL'd MangaRock but apparently there was an old version and new version. I got rid of the old one before noticing the new one had iffy reviews. But it is on my list of ones to consider and if many use it here that will be taken into consideration as well.

So, I raise the question again: What are your recommendations for Manga Apps? I am looking a reader/downloader - an app that taps the common download sites like some of the aforementioned in this thread. I would be looking at both older and newer manga for download but understand that is dependent of the source sites the reader taps into.

I have BakaReaderEx but since I never saved my info, I don't remember the novels I had. Frown It did not appear this one did Manga but rather Light Novels. (I will be asking for all kinds of reading recommendations under a different thread.)

Anyway, I just don't have the shelf space nor budget to get all the manga I would want to read so I want to use a Manga Reader.

Let me know what you use to consume your manga! Thank you greatly!!

And to get some possible Q&As out of the way:
- I have a Note 8 currently running Android Oreo.
- I will consider browser based readers however prefer an app.
- I used to have a list of Apps and Manga Download Sites but lost all that info too. And this is just a "written list", not anything I can get from my Google Play History.
- My previous phone bit the dust - and no - I was not good at backing things up - end of story.

...Sailor Moon says.... you can change the world one A.R.K. at a time. ^_^

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.08 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Favorite Songs

You must be logged in to use the Favorites List!

User Functions

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Lost your password?

Chatterblock

Total public Chats: 278222
You must be logged in to post in the Chatterblock!
Auto-Refresh 60 seconds

Last Post: 08/20/18 08:17

Song Search