Armitage's Dimension Logo. Click here to Refresh Main Page.

Forum Index > ArmiTunes > Support New Topic Post Reply
 Request Trouble?

Armitage
 09/29/13 11:01AM (Read 1584 times)  
AAAAA
Admin

Not that long ago we switched from open requests to requiring users to log-in to make requests. The idea behind this was to prevent the automated spam bots from requesting the same songs all the time.

Some of you have had problems requesting, even though you're logged in. The most common cause of this problem is the following:

1) Click "My Account" from the "USER FUNCTIONS" menu on the left.

2) Navigate to the "Username & Password" tab. This should be the default.

3) Make sure that the "Remember me for:" setting is set to some period of time and NOT set to "don't".

-Armitage

Profile Email Website
Anyamaru2
 09/29/13 11:18AM  
++++-
Seasoned Veteran

I have to refresh a page (any armitunes page) to appear as "logged in".

Fail Transfer Protocol. Use it and lose it. (There is no or.)

Profile Email Website
TheArcher007
 06/25/17 09:43PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Bro, what happened to your music catalog? Can't find anything anymore!
Confused

It's a funny thing about comin' home. Looks the same, smells the same, feels the same. You'll realize what's changed is you.

Profile Email Website
Sailor Moon
 06/26/17 10:16AM  
MMMMM
working

Quote by: TheArcher007

Confused

As I think you may have already been told but the site is no longer in Armi's hands.
It has since been turned over to raychan so in turn the database was left behind due to the RIAA regulations that Armi had to comply with. Raychan is (slowly) working to get things back up and running. Please be patient while things get worked out. The alternative is not one I care to think about. Thank you.

...Sailor Moon says.... you can change the world one A.R.K. at a time. ^_^

Profile Email
LionessHinata
 09/04/17 12:38AM  
++++-
Seasoned Veteran
groggy

Quote by: Sailor Moon

Confused

As I think you may have already been told but the site is no longer in Armi's hands.
It has since been turned over to raychan so in turn the database was left behind due to the RIAA regulations that Armi had to comply with. Raychan is (slowly) working to get things back up and running. Please be patient while things get worked out. The alternative is not one I care to think about. Thank you.

So basically copyright issues are in effect? *Has no clue what's going on, since she's not been around for almost a year.*

I have 422 songs on my favorites list, most of which are from popular titles, or highly recognizable tunes. I can't seem to request any of them because they are no longer in the database. Is there a way we can get the database back, or is it a complicated legal matter that listeners can't be a part of? I loved this site, as there are no traditional radio stations that play the kind of music I like.

Profile Email
Sailor Moon
 09/05/17 10:22AM  
MMMMM
working

Quote by: LionessHinata

Quote by: Sailor Moon

Confused

So basically copyright issues are in effect? *Has no clue what's going on, since she's not been around for almost a year.*

I have 422 songs on my favorites list, most of which are from popular titles, or highly recognizable tunes. I can't seem to request any of them because they are no longer in the database. Is there a way we can get the database back, or is it a complicated legal matter that listeners can't be a part of? I loved this site, as there are no traditional radio stations that play the kind of music I like.

As short as I can make this for you...Armi received notice to cease and desist or pay the royalties for the music he was broadcasting. This was due to the RIAA regulations here in the US. Armitage did not technically have permission to rebroadcast the each piece of music in his database. Additionally, the fees that would be required to pay for playing the songs in were not sustainable.
In order to keep AD alive, he transferred the site to Raychan. However, he could not transfer the database it to Raychan since that would be part of the violation. So the database currently in use is at the generosity of Raychan and the music he has acquired. The songs that are in your favorites may or may not return once the database is rebuilt.
Listeners have no ability to change any of this, unfortunately - legal or otherwise. Patience is being asked while Raychan rebuilds the database and the FTP site for people to share their music as like before.
I hope that better explains things.

...Sailor Moon says.... you can change the world one A.R.K. at a time. ^_^

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.07 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Favorite Songs

You must be logged in to use the Favorites List!

User Functions

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Lost your password?

Chatterblock

Total public Chats: 277347
You must be logged in to post in the Chatterblock!
Auto-Refresh 60 seconds

Song Search