Armitage's Dimension Logo. Click here to Refresh Main Page.

Forum Index > ArmiTunes > Forum Games New Topic Post Reply
 Anime Trivia

Kousaka-san
 03/29/13 08:43PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Ok, next one will be more direct.

This character plays one of the richest people in Japan, a corporate head, but because of an OCD condition ends up having to live in the wild...

Profile Email
Arsuru
 03/30/13 01:22AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

I never said there wasn't a link, Kousaka. Don't make things up. I said that the character isn't the same; she's inspired by Daicon girl, who doesn't have and never received a name. I thought the show you meant might be Densha Otoko, but like I said, it's not the same character. So to be fair, I think your question is somewhat misleading. That's what I was getting at with the PM. I think it's more of an homage and I was questioning if it really is the same character.

Also, evidence that they were made to match American animation wasn't found anywhere. They were just made to promote the convention. Can you cite any reference to this information?

But let me say… if I behave… can you arrange a spacious hole in the ground? Somewhere nice, make it nice, where the land meets high tide.

Profile Email Website
Kousaka-san
 03/30/13 03:33AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Quote by: Arsuru

I never said there wasn't a link, Kousaka. Don't make things up. I said that the character isn't the same; she's inspired by Daicon girl, who doesn't have and never received a name. I thought the show you meant might be Densha Otoko, but like I said, it's not the same character. So to be fair, I think your question is somewhat misleading. That's what I was getting at with the PM. I think it's more of an homage and I was questioning if it really is the same character.

Also, evidence that they were made to match American animation wasn't found anywhere. They were just made to promote the convention. Can you cite any reference to this information?

You misread the question...

"The character got a new look in a Japanese tv show in which the character featured prominently. Because of the show, there was an anime made of that character. All these are linked directly to the first short animes.
Who is the character?"

Answer: Getsumento Heiki Mina. Thats it, its simple.
All the other details where related clues to help you figure it out.

I clearly stated that original was not named. But the DAICON shorts clearly are part of her creation.

Profile Email
Arsuru
 03/30/13 03:53AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Quote by: Kousaka-san

I think I read it correctly and that you worded it poorly. A new look would indicate that it is the same character that was reworked, not one inspired by it.

I clearly stated that original was not named. But the DAICON shorts clearly are part of her creation.

And I said she never received a name, as Tsukishiro Miina did, so she wouldn't be the same character. Daicon girl is still, officially, Daicon girl. I'm not denying the connection, I just question if they are actually the same.

Honestly, this never needed to leave PMs as I was just trying to discuss it, but you don't just go and twist someone's words like that. And you're still ignoring the citation for the 'anime at the same level as American animation' bit.

But let me say… if I behave… can you arrange a spacious hole in the ground? Somewhere nice, make it nice, where the land meets high tide.

Profile Email Website
Kousaka-san
 03/31/13 03:27AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Quote by: Arsuru

Quote by: Kousaka-san

I think I read it correctly and that you worded it poorly. A new look would indicate that it is the same character that was reworked, not one inspired by it.

And I said she never received a name, as Tsukishiro Miina did, so she wouldn't be the same character. Daicon girl is still, officially, Daicon girl. I'm not denying the connection, I just question if they are actually the same.

Honestly, this never needed to leave PMs as I was just trying to discuss it, but you don't just go and twist someone's words like that. And you're still ignoring the citation for the 'anime at the same level as American animation' bit.

Arsuru, please check the forum this is listed under. Forum Games.
Now read the first page of this forum, Arulin writes
"I'll start this game off. I ask a question, you folks find the answer."

Yes, its a game. No where does he say all details, links and references must be included. Then it wouldn't be a challenge.

"If the question isn't answered in three days, that person earns a pass to use if they answer another question wrong and gets to design another question, it can have as many parts and be as complex as you the designer can make them.....

In case you don't understand, he says we (the designers of the question) can make a question with as many parts as we want, and as ambiguous as we want.

I think my Question was completely within the rules.
If you cant handle a forum that doesn't that don't read it. Or start your own "Accurate Anime discussions with references" forum, preferably not in the Game thread.

Also, I didn't name who sent the PM, you did that yourself. You said,

[Sent on: March 29 2013 @ 01:29 PM'] [Send a private message] Arsuru says:
I've known most of the answer since the beginning, so don't feel bad. Just didn't feel like making a new question. The only thing I don't get is the tv show/anime. Daicon girl herself was never in another work that I know of.
[Sent on: March 29 2013 @ 01:31 PM'] [Send a private message] Arsuru says:
I know of characters inspired by her, unless I'm just totally missing something.

If you knew, you should have just said it and came up with a question. And the game would go on. Nothing I said was wrong. You just didn't like the wording. Its game where you word something to make it harder on the player, get used to it, or just don't play.

Last of all, I found out I won about midnight, came up with question, and wrote it from details I learned over decade ago. I was using my tablet and just started typing away without researching every little detail.

"The shorts were made to try and show anime at the same level as American animation."
That was something I read a long time ago in and interview. Thanks to you I wasted many hours looking for it. I couldnt find it, but in his memoir Yasuhiro Takeda said:
"The year before DAICON 3, we all traveled to the U.S. to check out Worldcon^[Worldcon was the original model for the Japan Sci-Fi Convention. Worldcon has been held every year since 1939, except for a brief hiatus during WWII. We went to Noreascon Two, held in Boston in 1980. Worldcon is mainly held in the U.S., but goes overseas every four years. A group of Japanese fans is working to host the 2007 event in Japan.] in Boston. We wanted to see with our own eyes the event that had started it all, and bring back as much of that atmosphere as we could. We also seized the opportunity to visit Disneyland^[We visited Disneyland in the U.S. to study event organization, both how to organize the staff and how to provide seamless entertainment for visitors when several events are running simultaneously. We also visited the then newly-opened Tokyo Disneyland just before DAICON 4. Our concept of creating "alternate worlds" within DAICON 4 was largely influenced by what we saw at Disneyland.] (Tokyo Disneyland hadn't even opened yet). We thought going to a theme park would give us ideas for planning our own entertainment segment for DAICON 3. We wanted our convention to be enjoyable for everyone."

http://www.gwern.net/docs/2002-notenki-memoirs.page

That book was some good reading by the way...

I hope this clears things up for you. Not trying to be a jerk, but you have been so annoying to me lately, I got you on my ignore list....

Profile Email
Arsuru
 03/31/13 04:12AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

I get the rules, really I do. I never said you were breaking the rules, but this is trivia and details matter in making sure something is correct. Obviously it shouldn't be included before the question is answered.

No, you didn't name me, but you stated something that was false. Anybody can see in the PMs of mine that you posted (real classy thing to do, by the way, though it's not rally a big deal in this case) that I didn't say there was no link, which is what you said 'someone' said. That is why I brought it up here. That and that you consistently ignore people that ask you anything, so I didn't think it would be resolved if I brought your error to your attention privately.

I had no intention of answering the question, I was just wanting to discuss it with you. But for what it is worth, the question is ambiguous in the disputed regard. Any readily available info doesn't say she is the same character (which could make what you said wrong). Again, details and phrasing do matter in these kinds of things. I know Gainax is credited in Getsumento Heiki Mina, but I don't know what they are credited for, exactly. Again, it was just supposed to be a simple discussion that you didn't need to bring up here.

Thanks for the link though. And I did ask about that in PM, but you conveniently left that one out. Sorry for bothering you. You could have, you know, told me. In private.

Sorry folks, carry on.

Profile Email Website
Bastard
 03/31/13 11:01AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Do you know how many Wealthy Anime Characters there are that have Obsessive-Compulsive disorder and live in the wild? lol hook me up with another clue I might actually get this one....

This message has been brought to you by BASTARD!! .....and his evil bed bunnies....

Profile Email
Kousaka-san
 03/31/13 01:08PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Quote by: Bastard

Do you know how many Wealthy Anime Characters there are that have Obsessive-Compulsive disorder and live in the wild? lol hook me up with another clue I might actually get this one....

Ok, one more clue.

He must do as the kappa says...

Profile Email
Kousaka-san
 03/31/13 06:26PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Also, the OCD is not circumstantial. Its because of training from birth.

Profile Email
Bastard
 04/01/13 12:00AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Yeah still not help'n with the whole "water spirit" thing..........oh well maybe I'll get the next one.....

This message has been brought to you by BASTARD!! .....and his evil bed bunnies....

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.14 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Favorite Songs

You must be logged in to use the Favorites List!

User Functions

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Lost your password?

Chatterblock

Total public Chats: 279144
You must be logged in to post in the Chatterblock!
Auto-Refresh 60 seconds

Song Search