Armitage's Dimension Logo. Click here to Refresh Main Page.

Forum Index > ArmiTunes > Forum Games New Topic Post Reply
 Anime Trivia

EcchiSketch
 03/18/13 11:45PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

last scene of the episode (when Hisashi turns), before the credits and preview/stinger

Profile Email
EcchiSketch
 03/19/13 10:10PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Well, it looks like times up.

The answer is "Don abandons Alice" from 28 Days/Weeks later, other acceptable answers are 28 days/weeks later theme or In the house,In a Heartbeat (they all sound pretty similar), the anime version has some differences but is clearly inspired by the the movie's theme.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/28_Days_Later:_The_Soundtrack_Album

The next question will be up tomorrow! Smile

Profile Email
EcchiSketch
 03/20/13 11:40AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Subject: "Role Reversals"

This is a video game / anime hybrid question. This protagonist from a simulated VRMMORPG, played a villain in the anime/video games leading up to it. Both eras of the character had multiple video games and anime plugins to the series.

Who is the character? What are the names of his/her online personas? and why was there a role reversal?

Profile Email
EcchiSketch
 03/22/13 01:19PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Once again, less than 24hrs to go and no attempts!

Hint: The character designer for the first anime in the series was also the character designer for Evangelion.

Profile Email
Kousaka-san
 03/22/13 07:18PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Quote by: EcchiSketch

Subject: "Role Reversals"

This is a video game / anime hybrid question. This protagonist from a simulated VRMMORPG, played a villain in the anime/video games leading up to it. Both eras of the character had multiple video games and anime plugins to the series.

Who is the character? What are the names of their online personas? and why was there a role reversal?

Here is my best guess. Pasted from a search...

The lead characters are an orphaned young inventor named Jean, who lives with his aunt and Uncle, and a dark-skinned former circus performer named Nadia, who wishes to return to her home in Africa. Many of the designs in the series, including characters' appearances and several machines, showed up in later Gainax works. In particular, several characters in Neon Genesis Evangelion vaguely resemble Nadia characters due to the same head design artist, Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, worKing on both. Sadamoto has said that the design of Shinji Ikari, the protagonist of Evangelion, is basically the result of giving Nadia a "masculine makeover."

So, is the answer Shinji and Nadia. The role reversal being girl to boy?

(I actually had to take out my limited edition Del Mond artbook by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto to see if there were other characters that looked the same.)

Profile Email
EcchiSketch
 03/22/13 11:05PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Sorry, that is incorrect Oops! .

Perhaps I should clarify a bit more. This is happening to one character over the course of a few shows and a few games (all in the same universe). The character designer was Yoshiyuki Sadamoto. And I should also point out the "simulated VRMMORPG" part.

Profile Email
Kousaka-san
 03/23/13 02:27AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Sorry, that is incorrect Oops! .

Perhaps I should clarify a bit more. This is happening to one character over the course of a few shows and a few games (all in the same universe). The character designer was Yoshiyuki Sadamoto. And I should also point out the "simulated VRMMORPG" part.

I was going to say hack//sign as that was the only mmorpg related anime he worked on. But I could not find a real mmorpg game. I didnt think about what vrmmorpg stood for. I got confused because said there was anime and games.

But if it is hack//sign the character would probably beTsukasa, a boy in the game, but the real world player turns out to be a girl.

(Whats with this guy and his boy=girl characters...)

Profile Email
EcchiSketch
 03/23/13 10:49AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Times up!

Kousaka-san, .hack//SIGN was the right direction to go, but Tsukasa was the wrong person. And the role reversal was "from bad guy to good", not necessarily male to female or vice versa. That was some interesting info about Shinji/Nadia though. It's kind of complex so I guess we should start with the game-anime chain, this is the .hack series chronologically:

Sign(anime) --> Infection/Mutation/Outbreak/Quarantine(games) --> Roots(anime) --> GU Rebirth/Reminisce/Redemption(games)

Within there are multiple spinoffs of OVAs, novels, and movies. But the character to which I was referring was the main character of .hack//GU and Roots, Haseo. The person that plays as Haseo used to play as the PK (player killer) known as Sora in SIGN and the games (but technically he was only in the final game of the original 4). His name is Ryou Misaki. After the events of SIGN he is taken captive (rendered comatose) by the game, he remains there until you beat the game in .hack//Quarantine. After he is freed he loses all his memories of playing in the first place, and after a few years when the new version of the game comes out he begins to play again (although he thinks its for the first time) as Haseo - and becomes the main protagonist for the remainder of the games.

Name: Ryou Misaki
Characters: Sora and Haseo
Reason: Amnesia

phew! lots of information! didn't mean for it to be that complicated... its just something I remembered whilst researching...

Next question up soon! Eek!

Profile Email
EcchiSketch
 03/24/13 04:29PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

This one's pretty straight forward!

In the anime FLCL (fooly-cooly), what was the inspiration for Haruko's yellow Vespa?

Profile Email
usagi_niban
 03/25/13 03:46PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

This one's pretty straight forward!

In the anime FLCL (fooly-cooly), what was the inspiration for Haruko's yellow Vespa?

Director Kazuya Tsurumaki owns a Vespa, (a broken one)

Why not trying your life in EASY MODE first?

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.11 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Favorite Songs

You must be logged in to use the Favorites List!

User Functions

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Lost your password?

Chatterblock

Total public Chats: 279144
You must be logged in to post in the Chatterblock!
Auto-Refresh 60 seconds

Song Search