Armitage's Dimension Logo. Click here to Refresh Main Page.

Forum Index > ArmiTunes > General New Topic Post Reply
 Post your picture 3

hazumu-kun
 03/31/13 11:56PM  
MMMMM

When I managed a computer store we told people the same thing yet we told them to disconnect it from the internet. Though an interesting occurrence happened while working at my current job that i never really thought about. Viruses travel though storage media as well. So no computer is really safe. We had a lab that was isolated from the network due to the security and make of the room. Yet once a year i had to go there to remove viruses from 90% of the computers due to someone using a flash drive.

If you aren't rememberd, then you never existed.

Profile Email Website
Kousaka-san
 04/01/13 01:40AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Yeah, even my Mac has been hacked 3 times. Well, gotten malware on it. At least it was easy to remove. My Linux hasnt been hacked yet that I know of. But that might be because I use a very long random password for admin and then only log on as a user. Plus the first thing I do after setting up a new operating system , is turn off all plug and play and autoload functions. Verizon claims my modem has a powerful firewall, but I dont trust it much. For anything security related I use my MacBook.
Even if someone hacks any of my computers, beside the Mac, not a huge deal. Hope they enjoy watching me read the CB, Youtube, Google news, XDA Developers, TokyoHive and reading Manga online. Big Grin

Profile Email
Kousaka-san
 04/01/13 01:44AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Also, Bastard missed a few. Hackers are taking control of peoples network printers, smart tv's, cable boxes, even smart appliances.

Profile Email
Tamarinde
 04/01/13 06:48AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Routers do have the ability to lock things down but its based on rules, not by actively checking for attacks like proper firewalls do.

Profile Email
Anonymous: Finch
 04/01/13 07:07AM  

Here's a picture of me! Big Grin

And here's a family photo from Easter! (I'm the one hiding underneath the pole)

Happy April Fool's Day everyone! Big Grin

hazumu-kun
 04/01/13 05:59PM  
MMMMM

Quote by: Kousaka-san

Also, Bastard missed a few. Hackers are taking control of peoples network printers, smart tv's, cable boxes, even smart appliances.

Haha it reminds me of a time when someone from china was printing random characters on our printer. Our university does daily scans and quarantines vulnerable devices so that doesn't happen again. It's amusing when belligerent professors tell the security team the vulnerability is taken care of and the next day it's quarantined again. Then they are irate because they can't get on their computer.

Profile Email Website
Bastard
 04/03/13 01:47PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

In all reality most of the time hackers ignore consumer homes. They find the securities are too tight on government and bank networks. Most businesses operate multiple networks all of which are separated for a reason with some of the same securities that bank and government networks use. So all that is really left is university networks. Not to mention the fact that most hackers are students of those university.

This message has been brought to you by BASTARD!! .....and his evil bed bunnies....

Profile Email
Pr0ctor
 04/03/13 09:02PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

security is too tight on government and bank networks?

Wahahahahahah..cough...hahahaha...choke....hahah....

Seriously, you're killing me. Security in those areas is all about an audit checklist.
"Firewall? Check? Turned on? That's not on the list, move on soldier..."

Hacker scene is an ecosystem where some collect and commoditize home idiots for micro transaction profits, while those good enough to code their own drill code can frolic in even the most supposedly 'tight' networks. Different skills operating in different areas. Nothing wired up is getting ignored.

Profile Email
hazumu-kun
 04/05/13 04:55AM  
MMMMM

I remember hearing something like your computer gets hacked 15 times a night.

Profile Email Website
Im With Stupid
 04/05/13 05:43PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Quote by: hazumu-kun

I remember hearing something like your computer gets hacked 15 times a night.

Don't leave it on overnight. Simples! Big Grin

Even if you rip the pictures out of Playboy, you're still getting caught reading Playboy. - Pat Boivin

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.20 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Favorite Songs

You must be logged in to use the Favorites List!

User Functions

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Lost your password?

Chatterblock

Total public Chats: 279086
You must be logged in to post in the Chatterblock!
Auto-Refresh 60 seconds

Song Search