Armitage's Dimension Logo. Click here to Refresh Main Page.

Forum Index > ArmiTunes > General New Topic Post Reply
 need moral support.

arulin
 05/04/11 01:00PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Quote by: spriggan_d

Ok guys. I'm starting this to let you know that i have a big thing coming tomorrow. My step-dad is going to the hospital tomorrow for open heart surgery to the main valve of his heart. the last time he went to the doctor for a check-up, they said that the valve had expanded to a 4.75. at 5, the valve could rupture causing heart failer and resulting in instant death. so he's going tomorrow to get that fixed and if all goes well, he will be in the hospital resting and recovering for a couple of months leaving me to really help around the house with the bills that are sure to pile up. so i'm going with them for moral support and i might need ya'lls moral support as well to make sure that nothing goes wrong. i will update to let you know how everything is going tho as i know coming to me. so pray for us.

thx,

Sprig.

At least he isn't having it done in the 1960s, there are quite afew advancements in this area.

Arulin, been stamping out the Jap-Barny, loli-music, and Pikachu songs with the power of hard core blood and gore combat music since 2006 on Armitunes *thumbs u

Profile Email
Ritzu
 05/04/11 05:20PM  
+++++
Rock Legend
blank

That is really good that he is doing alright now. I just read it and it reminded me of how I help my friends with their problems. I am happy that ur step-dad is doing alright. I can amagine how it must feel even with a step-father it is really imprtant to you. Keep going strong and never give in.

Life is like falling through the sky, some people find what they are looking for and land softly . . . some hit the ground hard.

Profile Email Website
Sailor Moon
 05/04/11 06:10PM  
MMMMM
happy

That is good news spriggan! Hopefully you and the rest of your family will be able to get him to slow down a bit. ^_^ Keep us posted and you know AD will always lend what support we can. Mr. Green

...Sailor Moon says.... you can change the world one A.R.K. at a time. ^_^

Profile Email
spriggan_d
 08/02/11 05:12PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

welp....got an update on this forum. Pops went for his checkup.....come to find out (and he's known this for a couple of weeks but had to take tests to confirm this before telling me, my sis and mom) he's been diagnosed with prostate cancer. luckily they caught it in time so it's not in the advanced stages. i'm going to do research on this type of cancer cause this was damn well unexpected.

"if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck.....it's probably Sprig in disguise trying to kill you."

Profile Email Website
bobber205
 08/02/11 07:02PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Your father will be just fine with prostrate cancer. Almost all men get this eventually in their lives. It's extremely extremely slow (probably why it was caught so early) and it sometimes not even treated because it takes so long to kill ya. Big Grin

Profile Email
Sailor Moon
 08/03/11 10:51AM  
MMMMM
working

While I am sure it is not the best news in the world, at least you now have a reason behind why he may not have been feeling well. Yes, it is a common cancer among men, and when caught early enough it can be taken care of properly. This sounds like the case with your pops and I am sure he will be find once all the docs do what they need to. I wish your pops all the best and my thoughts go to you and the rest of your family as cancer in general is not an easy thing to cope with.

*hugs* keep us posted on his progress. ^_^

Profile Email
hanyo
 08/03/11 08:05PM  
+++++
Rock Legend
working

Sprig you always have my support! I'm around if you need someone to yell at, cry to, or just vent. I've been down that road with my father (in-law). *UBER HUGS* You can always drop me an e-mail if I'm not around the CB.

If it wasn't this it'd be something else!

Profile Email
Crashcat
 08/09/11 11:23AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Live from Asia!! Heeeeere's Crash FM!!

Profile Email
spriggan_d
 08/09/11 02:28PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

i'll be ok. right now we trying to discuss the best way around this. since it's still in the early stages, we were told that he can go two routes. A: is a seed radiation treatment. B: is a prostactomy which means surgically removing the prostate. I looked both of them up to see what the details of both of them were but i'm still not sure what would be best for him. Sis votes for B. what do u guys think?

"if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck.....it's probably Sprig in disguise trying to kill you."

Profile Email Website
Sailor Moon
 08/11/11 05:56PM  
MMMMM
working

I would suggest B only because it I would think it would possibly eliminate any future recurrences. While the radiation would be localized, it is still a tough treatment - but everyone reacts differently.

I would be curious to know what his doctor suggests...and then get a second and third opinion.

However since it is in the early stages, I can see how radiation would be recommended. It is good to see that you are all discussing this as a family, but ultimately this will be your dad's decision.

Hang in there. *hugs*

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.19 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Favorite Songs

You must be logged in to use the Favorites List!

User Functions

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Lost your password?

Chatterblock

Total public Chats: 277385
You must be logged in to post in the Chatterblock!
Auto-Refresh 60 seconds

Song Search