Armitage's Dimension Logo. Click here to Refresh Main Page.

Forum Index > ArmiTunes > Suggestions New Topic Post Reply
 Album Requests

spiggy
 10/26/07 07:26AM  
+++++
Rock Legend
moody

I honestly don't see a reason to have as he states "midi' music on here, and if it isn't, oh well. There's a whole site for game music and nothing else so if he wants to have a site without it...I see nothing wrong. He might have the previous albums up b/c they have been there and he's just now wanting to be specific. Since it seems he has an actual life, it would be time consuming to check every album to see if it was a video game track, so he goes with the ones he already knows. You already own it, about 99% of us have probably played it (some more than once), and there's the AC version of most of the tracks that do contain vocals. If you're really persistent...why don't we just send him a list (which you've already done minus the Black Mages) and tell him to just wipe them out. We might be getting rid of the KH OST that has some pretty good tracks but it's from a company that had a song and dance routine for everything that happened in a movie minus the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

There are some FF tracks out there that are vocals: FF9 - Melodies, the FF albums I uploaded, the X-2 OP. Black Mages has FF music but Uematsu created the group to play them so I would not group it w/ game music. Hell...you might get your wish b/c every time I go off like this about something armi goes the other way (curses...I'll get you and that car some day speed racer!! ). So if that's the case...I have a lot of game tracks to add if they work. They are from I've Sound so most of you should know what that means .
I'm sure you have other stuff to upload that isn't on here not associated w/ games or at least nonvocal game music in a non-midi format. I'd just upload that and complain if that misses the cut.
That's just how I feel about this.

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Profile Email Website
Seraphic Angel
 10/26/07 10:30PM  
+++++
Rock Legend
thoughtful

Quote by spiggy: I honestly don't see a reason to have as he states "midi' music on here, and if it isn't, oh well. There's a whole site for game music and nothing else so if he wants to have a site without it...I see nothing wrong. He might have the previous albums up b/c they have been there and he's just now wanting to be specific. Since it seems he has an actual life, it would be time consuming to check every album to see if it was a video game track, so he goes with the ones he already knows. You already own it, about 99% of us have probably played it (some more than once), and there's the AC version of most of the tracks that do contain vocals. If you're really persistent...why don't we just send him a list (which you've already done minus the Black Mages) and tell him to just wipe them out. We might be getting rid of the KH OST that has some pretty good tracks but it's from a company that had a song and dance routine for everything that happened in a movie minus the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

There are some FF tracks out there that are vocals: FF9 - Melodies, the FF albums I uploaded, the X-2 OP. Black Mages has FF music but Uematsu created the group to play them so I would not group it w/ game music. Hell...you might get your wish b/c every time I go off like this about something armi goes the other way (curses...I'll get you and that car some day speed racer!! ). So if that's the case...I have a lot of game tracks to add if they work. They are from I've Sound so most of you should know what that means .
I'm sure you have other stuff to upload that isn't on here not associated w/ games or at least nonvocal game music in a non-midi format. I'd just upload that and complain if that misses the cut.
That's just how I feel about this.

Ummm,

It's not just a normal midi music, it's more than that. It's a orchestral composition of Nobuo Uematsu. He is one of the legendary composer of music piece from Sqauresoft, even before they merge with Enix to form Square-Enix Inc.

Read all bout him here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobuo_Uematsu

The style of his compositions range from stately classical-like symphonic pieces that are sometimes similar to the style of German composer Peer Raben, who is quite popular in Japan, to New Age, to hyper-percussive techno-electronica, similar in sound to some music by the band Emerson, Lake and Palmer, which is one of his stated influences. The music from the game series has grown to such renown, Nobuo Uematsu was named as one of the "Innovators" in Time Magazine's "Time 100: The Next Wave Music" feature. Uematsu's approach to Final Fantasy music is diverse, encompassing many styles. This diversity along with the popularity of the music has resulted in a variety of musical performances including classical symphonies, rock and acoustic. Uematsu is an acclaimed composer who has been touted as increasing the appreciation and awareness of video game music, not just in Japan, but also in North America and Europe. A prime example is the Final Fantasy VIII theme song, "Eyes on Me", composed and produced by Uematsu. The theme song featured Hong Kong pop diva Faye Wong and sold a record 400,000 copies. It then went on to win "Song of the Year (Western Music)" at the 14th Annual Japan Gold Disc Awards in 1999 the first time music from a video game won the honor.

You might have heard many orchestral or instrumental tracks in Armitunes, Well, Nobuo Uematsu's composition is much more established as stated in Wikipedia. You guys were missing out a lot. (Please don't tell me you're going to remove every instrumental or orchestral tracks and leaving only the vocal tracks, that's not a sensible nor wise thing to do). Varieties is the spice of life.

Just my 2 cents on this.

Family and loved ones are only found once in our lifetime. Treasure them while they are still with us. Be good to your friends and family.

Profile Email
HyperHacker
 10/27/07 01:12AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

The problem is just that video game music varies so much. You have Super Mario Bros with its 8-bit square waves all the way up to things like Sonic Adventure with rock music performed by actual bands. I can see not wanting the former, but there's nothing wrong with the latter (and I believe there are some Sonic Adventure tracks here). Then there's remixes to deal with too.

I think we could get away with a "use common sense" rule - feel free to upload game music as long as it's not annoying - but of course not everyone will agree on which songs are acceptable. Some people will love a given game's soundtrack while others will hate it. It's rather thin ice. :-/

Really, though, the "game music" distinction is a bit biased. There's plenty of non-game music that's just as annoying. Maybe what we need is a way for people to rate a song, and if a song gets a lot of low ratings, take a vote on whether to remove it.

http://hyperhacker.kicks-ass.net is now live; check out my PSP/DS/Game Boy/Windows/Linux homebrew, ROM hacks, and Gameshark codes!

Profile Email Website
Seraphic Angel
 10/27/07 01:51AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Quote by HyperHacker: The problem is just that video game music varies so much. You have Super Mario Bros with its 8-bit square waves all the way up to things like Sonic Adventure with rock music performed by actual bands. I can see not wanting the former, but there's nothing wrong with the latter (and I believe there are some Sonic Adventure tracks here). Then there's remixes to deal with too.

Again, voting for a low rated song to be removed is not a good idea. What if someone choose a song which you like so much (apprently they displike your song) and voted it, and it was removed? How would you feel then?
I think we could get away with a "use common sense" rule - feel free to upload game music as long as it's not annoying - but of course not everyone will agree on which songs are acceptable. Some people will love a given game's soundtrack while others will hate it. It's rather thin ice. :-/

Really, though, the "game music" distinction is a bit biased. There's plenty of non-game music that's just as annoying. Maybe what we need is a way for people to rate a song, and if a song gets a lot of low ratings, take a vote on whether to remove it.

Again, voting for a low rated song to be removed is not a good idea. What if someone choose a song which you like so much (apperently they dislike your song) and voted it, and it was removed? How would you feel then?

Family and loved ones are only found once in our lifetime. Treasure them while they are still with us. Be good to your friends and family.

Profile Email
spiggy
 10/27/07 03:31AM  
+++++
Rock Legend
sleepy

Yea...I already know who Uematsu is. I saw him at an FF concert about a year ago. If the FF album you uploaded truely is orchestrated and not just the standard OST that you get...I'm all for having it on. Not like I don't have the tracks I really like in that format (b/c I do have them) I'd prefer that version of probably any game than the stuff that was actually used in the game. However...if it's not...immediate deletion.

It isn't like most people don't know who Uematsu is. There's maybe like 5% if that who may not know. Most of you hopped on the FF wagon after FF7 was released. I've been on since FF6 was released on SNES but was called FF3. I'm sure there are others who've been on since the beginning. So there's almost no point saying how good he is b/c we already know that he's good.

Off-topic a little: there will be another FF concert tour this coming year. Distant Worlds: new Final Fantasy concert tour

Any hoo. Everything comes down to armitage so I'll just watch.

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Profile Email Website
cereja-chan
 10/29/07 12:30PM  
+++++
Rock Legend
curious

Eh, how about Kpop & Cpop? Is it ok to upload them?
I see some on the current list already...

"Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

Profile Email
spiggy
 12/17/07 09:34AM  
+++++
Rock Legend
blah

anything ave;new

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Profile Email Website
windtamer
 12/23/07 09:06PM  
+++++
Rock Legend
excited

If someone would be so kind as to upload some more songs from Matsutoya Yumi's The Dancing Sun, specifically "Haru yo, Koi", I would be much obliged. Thanks much. ^_^

Profile Email Website
Icchan
 10/01/08 12:25AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Does anyone have the OST for Daughter of Twenty Faces, or even just the OP?

Profile Email
Machinany gun
 10/06/08 03:15PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Recommendation for the Hatenkou Yuugi OST please. Loved that series and you already have the OP on the request list. Keep up the good work guys.

Another note: as a gamer myself I think its best to stick with either Japanese RPG game soundtracks only (they seem to be closest relating to anime) or else to be very specific on what game series are allowed. Course this is only a suggestion but it might help clear up the game soundtracks debate.

A positive person in a negative room does not create a neutral environment. They only create chaos!

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.10 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Favorite Songs

You must be logged in to use the Favorites List!

User Functions

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Lost your password?

Chatterblock

Total public Chats: 278743
You must be logged in to post in the Chatterblock!
Auto-Refresh 60 seconds

Last Post: 07/16/19 08:02

Song Search