Armitage's Dimension Logo. Click here to Refresh Main Page.

Forum Index > ArmiTunes > General New Topic Post Reply
 A.D. Has a Minecraft Server!

Armitage
 03/27/11 11:04PM  
AAAAA
Admin

A couple children on the server had a temper tantrum after one of them was deservedly banned. Unfortunately for them, restoring a backup is about a 30 second process. The world has been de-griefed and all of them have been banned permanently.

-Armitage

Profile Email Website
Anonymous: kayt
 03/28/11 08:23AM  

I think the spawn area in general requires a coordinated cleanup operation anyway. Would it be possible to create a "secure perimeter" around spawn where only some trusted members are able to build? Otherwise all the new people just build it full of dirt/cobble 'houses'. And those stupid diamond blocks (grr).

If possible, there could also be some 'mayor' or other npc telling people to find free land outside of 'cities' to build stuff.

KyleIchiNi
 03/29/11 02:12AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Could do something like Discovr.us does.

Have the starting world be the Proving Grounds. Once you've proven that you can build something better than garbage, you are allowed into the main world (Which would be the current world with the warps and all). it would require another world but it would save all of the other worlds from pain and death.

Oh noes!

Profile Email
Gronzo
 03/29/11 02:34AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Spawn is all spiffy now, we must thank them if we should ever cross paths again.

Profile Email
Armitage
 03/29/11 08:32AM  
AAAAA
Admin

I leveled a bunch of crummy construction in front of the spawn area and made the protected area much larger. For now I think I'll use it as an exhibition of the best buildings from around the world. If anyone has suggestions on what to put there, please let me know. I dropped jjhawk's library in place already.

NPC plugin is still not ready for prime time. I disabled it, but that's a good idea.

Minecart plugin remains disabled for now since it was responsible for causing all the server crashes.

-Armitage

Profile Email Website
Gronzo
 03/29/11 12:18PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Quote by: Armitage

If anyone has suggestions on what to put there, please let me know.

I know this may seem a little biased, but anything I have ever built, ever. This includes the super nerd pillar and the little mud hut i made for you way back in the day.

Also: Kyle and I have been cleaning up spawn bit by bit. I did a little more work today, mostly reworking the pathways since they were pretty sketchy before.

Double Also: Bring back the igloo!

Profile Email
Anonymous: kayt
 03/29/11 03:39PM  

I think that the "pre-school world" would be quite ok, although it might be a bit pain for people who have to judge newcomers. But anyway, many of the newcomers today built stuff that even pre-schoolers would consider garbage, so some proving ground might actually rock.

Btw, if the trollface wasn't in the spawn already, I'd probably suggest that my "okay" face be put somewhere in spawn so that it's visible in the background when viewing some sign with a strict message:

Cool

Armitage
 03/29/11 07:53PM  
AAAAA
Admin

kayt: I would but I have *no* idea where your stuff is Wink

-Armitage

Profile Email Website
KyleIchiNi
 03/29/11 11:39PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

I found it by accident once. After I'd built my epic rock fort of Skull-ic entranceness. I've no idea though anymore. I'm gonna come back to Armitunes and build a better version of what I'm making on Discovr.us.

Oh noes!

Profile Email
RockMy Socks
 04/15/11 01:18AM  
+++++
Rock Legend
sleepy

When i try to connect it says "End of Stream"
Btw its Mugen

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.16 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Favorite Songs

You must be logged in to use the Favorites List!

User Functions

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Lost your password?

Chatterblock

Total public Chats: 278817
You must be logged in to post in the Chatterblock!
Auto-Refresh 60 seconds

Song Search