Armitage's Dimension Logo. Click here to Refresh Main Page.

Forum Index > ArmiTunes > Music and Video New Topic Post Reply
 What anime are you watching?

Failas
 04/27/11 10:20PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Rewatching "Clannad Season 1" before I watch "Clanned The Movie" & "Clanned After Story".

"In the name of God all impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen." ~Hellsing

Profile Email
Bastard
 04/28/11 12:33PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Finished up all those that I listed before and about halfway through the following

Last Exile
Ouran host club
Clanned
Air Gears (mmm.....wish another season would come out already)
Darker than black
Mahabu (spelling might be off don't have any of the discs infront of me right now)

Starting up the following series

Blood+
Ghost in the shell SAC 1/2 (gotta get my yearly dose of the Major)
YuYu Hakasho (lost count on the number of times I've watched this)
DB/DBZ/DBGT (Btw watching a disc a day = 3 hours a day gonna take 3 months just to complete all 3 series yet again THANK GOD FOR MARATHON MODE!!)

Future plans are for when and if I find all the complete series of Sailor moon gonna watch that, just completed my gundam collection gonna watch that, as well as my slayers collection gonna have to watch that all the way through including the 5 movies. Sleep is over rated and all I do is watch anime when I get home from work these days lol

This message has been brought to you by BASTARD!! .....and his evil bed bunnies....

Profile Email
Anyamaru
 12/08/11 11:12PM  
+++++
Rock Legend
thirsty

on-going

Chibi Devi!
Fate/Zero
Guilty Crown
Mirai Nikki
Morita-san wa Mukuchi 2
Persona 4 The Animation
Shakugan no Shana III
Shinryaku!? Ika Musume
UN-GO

on-and-off-going (if have the time)
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Chihayafuru
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle

other / older
Penguin Musume Heart
Slayers TRY

Fail Transfer Protocol. Use it and lose it. (There is no or.)

Profile Email Website
Sailor Moon
 02/27/12 09:35AM  
MMMMM
working

Ok, I need to revive this thread.

I am working with some of my staff to figure out what is "popular" and what kids/anime fans will come to a con to see and such.

So...with that:

- what are you watching?
- what do you consider popular?
- what do you see trending right now?
- what other anime or genre related things are you into or see trending? web-comics, manga, fashion, TV, etc.

And any other related information you would like to mention. While AFO isn't until August, we are planning now since it takes time to work out the details of getting guests and such.

Thank again for your help and I will be sure to pass along this info to those who make the ultimate decisions. Cool

^_^

...Sailor Moon says.... you can change the world one A.R.K. at a time. ^_^

Profile Email
Coco
 02/29/12 05:11AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

kimi to boku
natusme yujincho series

Profile Email
Bastard
 02/29/12 05:30PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Cons are fun I'll be at Starfest in denver again this year look for me at the Klingon Party I'll be the Fleet Bar tender heh heh! also gonna be at Albuquerque Comic Expo again. Lots of big name guest going to that one, the three guys that run it are all in the movie business and have worked with a couple so yeah fun fun!! we take over the entire convention center which is MASSIVELY HUGE!!!!

Anyway

Watching currently:
Galaxy Railways
Captain Harlock
Queen Emeraldas
Galaxy Express 999
Star Blaziers
Mobile Suit Gundam (Original one not any of the other meta universe ones)

Stuff that I consider popular....based on what? yourself? Friends? etc.?

Myself - Anything with Mecha is always a good start, as well as some great fight scenes and team work I could give you a massively huge list but for the new stuff I would have to go with Broken Blade and Gundam 00, and Samurai 7
Friends - Anything with Warrior Chicks and panty shots prolly go with Rosario + Vampire, Demon king Daimao, Angel Beats, and The world god only knows.....I got a lot of friends that are chicks and are bi they go for that sort of thing....

Stuff that I see trending.....again based on what? The genre of anime the studios are producing the most of? Real world trends like politics, technology, education?

For Genre - Not really noticing much of a trend except I'm starting to see more and more mini-series style anime over anything else again Broken Blade Comes to mind 6 parts each about an hour long.
For Real world trends - Privatizing Space, and how to survive with alternative energies as well as politics screwing the little guy so following animes I would suggest is Planetes, Kino's Journey, Ghost in the Shell, Patlabor, pretty much anything that deals with the future of the world in a realistic sense, or has a real world a philosophical or psycological impact or has some possibility with todays technology and political agenda's

I'd have to get with friends on manga and webcomic stuff not really into that sort of thing.

Anime Rooms at cons are Awesome but remember not everyone wants to watch subbed or dubbed best advice to solve this problem if your at an actual Anime Con is have two rooms running the same Show Schedule one with Dubs and one with Subs. After your first test if both rooms are completely full then keep running both if one is full and the other is empty next year you'll know what types of shows to run dubbed or subbed. I do want to point out the biggest mistake I've seen with Anime Rooms is they run alot of shorts or single episodes that make no sense to the average joe. This is ok if you need to fill a 5, 10, or even a 15 minute clean up time slot, show some trailers for upcoming anime or anime just out on DVD. This will give your viewers something to look for in the dealer room, just be prepared to answer questions about the trailers you show being that a lot of times people will ask about them. If you need some let me know and I'll see what I can do for you in DVD quality digital format with my current Anime collection.

If your setting up or running an Anime Room at a regular con like a sci-fi con or multi-media con I'm gonna tell ya straight up, you want dubbed Anime, you want a majority of them to be full length features, and you want 10 to 15 minutes between each showing with nothing but trailers of anime. No ands ifs or buts about it, if you want butts in seats you need to show something that someone that has never seen anime in they're life can sit and watch and enjoy. not something they have to read or if they missed a few episodes won't understand anything about it. Toss a live action in as well this will show the average walk-in viewer that there is live action anime out there and its not all "cartoons".

People have different views as to what an Anime Room at a con should be, the fact of the matter is if your going to show anime you need to show anime that will interest and be approved upon by everyone that could potentially enter and watch at the con your setting it up at. Sailor Moon has the right idea when it comes to try'n to figure out what she should make the anime list look like for they're room as well as what guests would be good. Point in fact, a Convention is presented by fans who enjoy what they are presenting to others in hopes to interest others to take part in they're fandum. So any room, event, or scheduling should be oriented towards that endevour. Meaning you don't want to show anime that only you and a select group of friends like to watch as well as the way only you and your friends like to watch. You will always run into the Anime Snobs that say "well Anime is japanese so it should be watched in Japanese with English Subtitles" the fact of the matter is not all Anime is Japanese. Anime itself is similar to Opera, there are a many different versions of Opera but when we think of Opera with think of Italian Opera. To better explain the Opera, La Bohème which is writen in Italian and performed in French.

This message has been brought to you by BASTARD!! .....and his evil bed bunnies....

Profile Email
Sailor Moon
 03/01/12 09:54AM  
MMMMM
working

Thank you for that reply Bastard. ^_^ I'll do my best to answer your questions & comments...

Stuff that I consider popular....based on what? yourself? Friends? etc.?

Based on your opinion and your group of friends opinion. Depending on what an individual/group is watching will put them into different circles which in turn gives them a different perspective as to what is popular in the Anime or Manga world.

Stuff that I see trending.....again based on what? The genre of anime the studios are producing the most of? Real world trends like politics, technology, education?

Well, I guess I could have clarified this. One way is to based it on observations at conventions or other anime type gatherings...what are people cosplaying, what are the vendors selling or showcasing. Also, if you are on any anime boards or news feeds, what seems to be the hot topics. I guess that is what I was looking for there. Mainly cause at each Con and every year, you always see certain animes as "popular" and everyone cosplaying from it and merchandise from it starting to pop up with the typical anime stuff vendors.

I know that you are not familiar with AFO in particular but you kind of got it...we are fans putting on a Con for fans. While I do not have much say in who we get or what we show, I try my best to help get a read on the current pulse of the genre. We have multiple theater rooms which all vary in programing. We show series and movies but subbed and dubbed. There never seems to be a preference one way or the other but with many attendees I speak with surprisingly many like the subbed over dubbed but again, we do not show preference in our schedule. There is no one room dedicated to a specific genre of anime (mecha, magical girl, warrior, etc.) as we have found that that formula doesn't really work. We show both new and older animes but try to keep from showing too much "repeat" stuff. We understand as older anime fans when compared to our attendee base that the animes we grew up with and now consider classics many of the attendees have no clue as to what they are so re-introducing older animes can be tricky. This newer generation of anime fans have different tastes than us older anime fans so we are just trying to stay "hip" while finding the balance of presenting the best of what anime had to offer. With Anime guests, voice actors, writers, producers, etc...we try to pick those who are popular, recognizable in some fashion and are obviously easy to work with from an operations standpoint. There are many cons in the Central Florida and Florida area so we have to be careful as to not have a guest that had just run the circuit by the time they get to us as they have already exhausted their visual appeal. Again, this is not my area and all i can do is make recommendations based on the anime/games/and related that are popular and that may be trending in other areas of the country.

I hope that helps explain this a bit more. We are not a new con, in our 13th year, by any stretch but we are getting older. ^_^ We just want to keep ourselves fresh while still respecting such a great form of entertainment that can be both cute and funny and vastly complex.

Thank again!! Mr. Green

...Sailor Moon says.... you can change the world one A.R.K. at a time. ^_^

Profile Email
Lord Il
 03/01/12 09:41PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Hey SM. ^_^

A lot of people have gone gaga over Puella Magi Madoka Magica ever since its airing on Japanese TV last year. This series was licensed and released over here just last month. In my opinion, it's one of the most unexpectedly shocking magical girl series ever conceived. This takes the whole magical girl genre that we've always once known and turns it inside out into something dark and sinister. One should not be fooled by the cute character designs - To some, this series can be a nightmare fuel. And since it was produced by studio SHAFT, it has very trippy presentation (a big plus!)
A tad depressing at times, but this is recommended because of the totally different direction it takes from the genre.

Aww... Lookit cute lil Kyubey. Who could hate that cute face... Razz

"i should smack lord right now, but im too disgusted by him >_> my god, sticking a peice of paper in my mouth?! its almost as bad as rape =/" - Demoinai

Profile Email Website
LordZero22
 03/02/12 07:19PM  
+++++
Rock Legend
cheerful

Black Lagoon, darker than black and lucky star Mr. Green

Profile Email
GillGrissom
 03/30/12 10:06AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

My animelist is not very long. My favorite is:
Area 88
Sailor Moon
Hatsukoi Limited
Honey and clover
Kanon
Clannad
Air
etc

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.14 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Favorite Songs

You must be logged in to use the Favorites List!

User Functions

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Lost your password?

Chatterblock

Total public Chats: 277257
You must be logged in to post in the Chatterblock!
Auto-Refresh 60 seconds

Song Search