Armitage's Dimension Logo. Click here to Refresh Main Page.

Forum Index > ArmiTunes > Announcements New Topic Post Reply
 Right, so it's come down to this.

Armitage
 12/06/08 02:41PM (Read 7239 times)  
AAAAA
Admin
angry

In light of the recent rash of people starting trouble here on the chatterblock and forums, I am instituting a 0 tolerance policy effective immediately. Any abusive, derogatory, insulting, or otherwise malicious posts will result in an IP ban and account lock. There will be no warnings given and no appeals. Happy holidays.

-Armitage

Profile Email Website
spiggy
 12/06/08 07:13PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Quote by: Armitage

In light of the recent rash of people starting trouble here on the chatterblock and forums, I am instituting a 0 tolerance policy effective immediately. Any abusive, derogatory, insulting, or otherwise malicious posts will result in an IP ban and account lock. There will be no warnings given and no appeals. Happy holidays.

Could you make this as an announcement like the new songs? I can see this thread disappearing due to updates from others.

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Profile Email Website
Sailor Moon
 12/07/08 01:57AM  
MMMMM
sad

I agree with spiggy, that something should be on the main page so it is clear to those who come here...maybe placing it on the lower portion of the page after some time in the news area.

Just a thought. It seems that I missed some things this afternoon for Armitage to make this decision. Frown

...Sailor Moon says.... you can change the world one A.R.K. at a time. ^_^

Profile Email
FatherNelson
 12/07/08 10:58PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

It would appear that i missed a lot of goings on while i was away. Thanks for your hard work Armitage.

PS. I like the "There will be no warnings given and no appeals. Happy holidays" line.

Father does what Father wants!

Profile Email
Tamarinde
 12/08/08 11:07AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Can I still give hanyo his much needed slapping?

Profile Email
Armitage
 12/08/08 11:19AM  
AAAAA
Admin

Quote by: Tamarinde

I have no problem with that Smile

-Armitage

Profile Email Website
hanyo
 12/08/08 11:52AM  
+++++
Rock Legend
sad

This is Armitage's website. Unfortunately some people who visit AD forget that everyone who visits is a guest. They seem to think they have a right to be here. As such, they can act in any manner that suits them without regards to the feelings of others and there will be no consequences for their improper actions.

I have been coming to AD for a long time and it has always been a great site where there were no official rules. There was no reason to have official rules in place because the site veterans knew what Armitage expected from the visitors. The Veterans would guide the newbies. The newbies would listen then guide the newer newbies as they themselves became veterans. Somehow that process has broken down. I have my theories where it is broken. I hope with new policy we can get the process back up and running, then there will no need for it.

If it wasn't this it'd be something else!

Profile Email
hanyo
 12/08/08 11:57AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Quote by: Armitage

Quote by: Tamarinde

I have no problem with that Smile

LOL Just remember Tam I know where the bodies are buried! Twisted Evil Razz

If it wasn't this it'd be something else!

Profile Email
Armitage
 12/08/08 12:15PM  
AAAAA
Admin

Right on Hanyo. I have my theories too but that's for another time and place Wink I'm hoping that there still can be a clear distinction between having rules and having to enforce rules. But recent events have tried my patience and I'm not going to beat around the bush anymore and watch things spiral out of control. There's simply no need for personal attacks in our community. I shouldn't have to teach anyone this, but in case their mothers didn't, the bottom line is when dealing with other people, "If you don' t have anything nice to say, don't say anything." You simply don't go into someone else's house and start insulting their guests and expect to be invited back to the next party ;P

-Armitage

Profile Email Website
Anonymous: pred_0212
 12/08/08 12:15PM  

agree w/ hanyo, very well said. i know ive been out of line as well but im fortunate that Armi gave me another chance. i now recognize how great this site is (compared to the million other websites/forums that just degrade to flame wars and name-calling) and im glad i can be a part of the community. it sucks how a few can ruin it for everyone :/

Content generated in: 0.13 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Favorite Songs

You must be logged in to use the Favorites List!

User Functions

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Lost your password?

Chatterblock

Total public Chats: 278779
You must be logged in to post in the Chatterblock!
Auto-Refresh 60 seconds

Song Search