Armitage's Dimension Logo. Click here to Refresh Main Page.

Forum Index > ArmiTunes > Support New Topic Post Reply
 Server Upgrade Issues

Armitage
 01/30/08 04:05PM (Read 13733 times)  
AAAAA
Admin

Please use this forum to list any problems that have popped up with the server upgrade. Problems that have been addressed already:

Added (and fixed) who replied last to forum posts block on main page.

Added CB spam filtering of URLs and common words from guest posts.

Revamped Who's Online block to display horizontally at the bottom of the page because it was taking up too much vertical space when 30+ people were logged in.

Fixed favorites song block and added function to allow users to sort alphabetically or numerically.

Consolidated Help and About pages and added a link to site statistics.

Forum now shows Relay Admin status.

Added PM reply button to the CB.

Cleaned out all unused / spammer user accounts.

Fixed Favorites List email to user function and From/Reply-To headers.

Added collapseable Favorite Songs list. The site will remember what state you left it the next time you visit.

RSS Feed is working again.

Quoted text in Forums now has greater contrast.

Added caching controls to the Song Request pages so users should always get the most current information (no more forced reloading or clearing of cache when playlist is updated).

-Armitage

Profile Email Website
spiggy
 01/30/08 04:22PM  
+++++
Rock Legend
working

I do have one thing until you get the tweak thread up. (edit: relocated by ME)
Is there a way to keep the CB/Fav Songs/all that other stuff separate from the main window? I'm not sure how to word it.
I'm trying to say if when you're on say the forums looking at something and reply to a post in the CB, that it doesn't take you back to the main page. Maybe something like: if you press the send/refresh while on another page - it will refresh the CB but if you press the AD logo - it will take you to the main page.

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Profile Email Website
Sailor Moon
 01/30/08 04:25PM  
MMMMM
working

Not sure if you noticed but your name did not appear upon the start of this thread. Is that the way it is supposed to be?? I had the same thing happen when I started a new thread....

Also..the HTML coding is not working when you use the buttons provided...you have to re-edit your text cause it seems to be using [] rather than <>.

Just wondering. I will copy the other things i noticed later...i had posted it in the New Server News Box.

Thank you Armitage!! Mr. Green

...Sailor Moon says.... you can change the world one A.R.K. at a time. ^_^

Profile Email
Armitage
 01/30/08 04:41PM  
AAAAA
Admin

Quote by: Sailor+Moon

Not sure if you noticed but your name did not appear upon the start of this thread. Is that the way it is supposed to be?? I had the same thing happen when I started a new thread....

Also..the HTML coding is not working when you use the buttons provided...you have to re-edit your text cause it seems to be using [] rather than <>.

Just wondering. I will copy the other things i noticed later...i had posted it in the New Server News Box.

Thank you Armitage!! Mr. Green

Ah I see what you're saying. I was only displaying the by [username] if there was a reply. I guess the old behavior displayed the original poster if there weren't any replies. I've changed the code to do that instead.

I'll look into the HTML tags.

-Armitage

Profile Email Website
Sailor Moon
 01/31/08 08:47AM  
MMMMM
working

Here are some things that I had mentioned in the New Server Box:

-- the mood list is out of order (and it made me think that some of the moods were missing)

-- I was also wondering if a poll could be started about the location of the CB and also the location of the Who's Online box. I am so used to readily seeing who is online that it i keep forgetting that it is at the bottom of the page....that is just my opinion and I understand that I may be nit-picking, but I just wanted to ask. ^_^

-- In the forum box on the main page...the # of views & # of posts are no longer displayed. I kind of liked seeing them..not sure about any body else...(however, i realize that this information is visible on the mouse roll over thingy..so i guess that is ok...but I thought I would mention it...)

-- I know things are still a work in progress but I was wondering if it could be considered "tweaking" the look of the "site tabs" - where the Listen, Request, Chat, etc are. I liked how they were "buttons" on the old layout and was not sure if that type of design could be interpreted into the current layout. I like how they are all in a line now, but instead of such a square look, make them oval, rounded-rectangle, or 3-d like buttons while still keeping them in line like they are now. I hope that makes sense.

-- Also...could there be a poll for possible locations of the Who's Online Box?? I am not sure how anyone else feels about it...and would like to know actually. It is an adjustment to read it in a straight-line format but understand that it was necessary to adjust the layout of the list. However, i am so used to readily seeing it rather than having to scroll down to the bottom of the page to see who is here...that is why I was wondering if anyone else had an opinion on it's location....

=====================

I believe that is all... Mr. Green Sorry to be such a pain.... Frown Frown

Thanks again for everything Armitage...I hope I do not in any way give you the impression that I do not appreciate your efforts and time in brining us this wonderful site. YOU ROCK!

...Sailor Moon says.... you can change the world one A.R.K. at a time. ^_^

Profile Email
Dangerous Ned
 01/31/08 11:09AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

First, let me say a big THANKS! for adding the alphabetical formatting to the favorites list. I have over 170 songs in my favorites list and it sure makes it easier to find what your looking for. But... Oops! (you knew there had to be one )

What I usually do is look through my favorites list and bump a few songs that I'd like to listen to, to the top of the (numeric) list. That puts them in the "favorite songs" box on the main page and I don't have to go back to the favorites list each time I want to request one of them. But when you switch to the alphabetical sort you loose that ability. Would it be possible to add the "move to the top" icon to the alphabetical list also? It would have the same function it already has in the numeric list. To be clear,,, I'd like to be able to move a song to the top of the numeric sort list from the alphabetical sort list, if thats even possible.

Sailor Moon: I agree with you, I would like to see the "Who's Online" box at the top or under the now playing/queue box. With the side by side format, I don't think it will take up to much room, even if 30 members are online.

I am immortal! So far.

Profile Email
geeksquad
 01/31/08 08:33PM  
+++++
Rock Legend
freakingout

I am not sure if this is just me, but I can't seem to change anything on "Your Account Information" located at: http://www.armitunes.com/usersettings.php?mode=edit

Everytime I try to update information, it just times out... I'm not sure if other people have this problem or not... Please help...

Thank you in advance for your help! Big Grin

I'm a geek, And I can't help it! :D

Profile Email
machman
 02/01/08 10:39AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Is it normal to have to make a password change just to make a change in your account information like adding a picture?

Profile Email
machman
 02/01/08 11:49AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Sorry I didn't tell you how much I love the new look of the site.... WOW!!!!!!! Love it! Keep up the great work.

Profile Email
Tamarinde
 02/01/08 04:10PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

I saw this:

Who's online:
(bunch of names) Sailor
Moon (next line)

Seems the space makes the 2nd part of the name drop on the next line

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.10 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Favorite Songs

You must be logged in to use the Favorites List!

User Functions

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Lost your password?

Chatterblock

Total public Chats: 277482
You must be logged in to post in the Chatterblock!
Auto-Refresh 60 seconds

Song Search