Armitage's Dimension Logo. Click here to Refresh Main Page.

Forum Index > ArmiTunes > Music and Video New Topic Post Reply
 What was your FIRST!!!

C starwind
 05/16/04 10:46PM (Read 96188 times)  
+++++
Rock Legend
musical

Hello Anime fans. I was just sitting here and listening to all the wonderful music daydreaming about my favorite Anime shows. When I started thinking about what gave me that push to go down this long and captive road of wondrous dreams. And whats in my dusty mind you say. Shows like Speed Racer, Marine Boy,and who could forget Ultraman. So please what we would like to know is what show jumped right out at you and said take me home you\'ll just love me. What was that title and how many new shows did you get from opening that door. So tell us whats your FAVS in Anime.

Don't let time march by. Grab it by the throat and squeeze every second out of it.

Profile Email
JDsmash
 05/26/04 11:00PM  
+++++
Rock Legend
excited

Razz hmmm, well i know that the first anime i remeber watching was probably Gatchaman.....it was on cartoon network along time ago when toonami was very very young. It was called G-Force then and had all sorts of edits and censors within it lol. But i do believe thats the one i started on. From there i remeber that my brother had started renting some anime from our local video store and it just kinda grew from there......its been about 7 years probably since i saw gatchaman on CN, and now anime is an essential part of my \"free time life\". I have seen countless different series and movies and i must say its been one heck of an experience. Surprised! Surprised! Surprised! Currently my favorite anime is a movie; Tokyo Godfaters. I personally think thats one of the best films ever concieved....it beats all movies (including live action!)

SHIFT TO DRIFT! RX-7 4eVr

Profile Email
Youkai
 05/27/04 04:51PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Iria: Zeiram the Animation

Caught it on the Sci-Fi channel when they used to show anime on Saturday mornings all those years ago.

Profile Email
JesseFK
 05/27/04 05:15PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

I think my very first anime i saw was probable Ghost in the shell or Akira. Both are very interesting but hard to understand if you are 10 or 11. So I never really got into anime until I was about 17. I had watched a few shows here and there but nothing to really spark my interest that much. Well when I saw Love Hina that was the show that probably pushed me into the anime world, with a little help from Cowboy Bebop.

Jesse K.

Profile Email
Thogar
 05/27/04 11:57PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

First anime? Probably Astroboy, and I mean the old one. But the one that really got me into anime and introduced me to my friends was Saber Marrionette J. My favorites are Trigun, Ranma 1/2, Cowboy Bebop, and Hellsing.

"Well, it all started the day before today. I remember it just like it was yesturday." --Moleman from Sam & Max Hit The Road

Profile Email Website
Starr
 05/28/04 11:40PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

I remember watching Sailor Moon as a kid, which was a while ago. I didn\'t know what anime was then. And just a few years ago I was watchin Yu Yu Hakusho on CN, and I was like \"wow, i like this show a lot\", and I learned from that what anime was. And when Inuyasha was introduced to America, it took YYH\'s timeslot. I was mad that I had to wait another 1/2 hour to watch it, but the time switch sparked my interest in Inuyasha. And from there my interest in anime. Who knew?

---> starr --->

Profile Email Website
Ganymede Star
 05/30/04 02:43PM  
+++++
Rock Legend
awake

DBZ sort of got me into the direction of the anime world. But not fully. At the time I was into martail arts and so it obviously triggered my interest. I started watching toonami intsead of nickelodeon. The later shows expanded my interest. Outlaw Star brought me into the futuristic stuff like Cowboy Bebop and the Gundam realm of anime. Ruroni Kenshin, man I love samurai stories. If I had to say one show that opened my eyes, It would have to be Outlaw Star. Good stuff. Great stuff.

The Simplicity of it All.

Profile Email
C starwind
 05/30/04 02:58PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Laughing Out Loud Yep Outlaw Star Gota love it Wink Wink. Laughing Out Loud

Don't let time march by. Grab it by the throat and squeeze every second out of it.

Profile Email
Darobe
 06/01/04 02:03AM  
+++++
Rock Legend
indescribable

My first like many in the US was DBZ. Couldn\'t quite figure out the first episode since it was the second series. But even before that I can vaguelly remember watching G-Force (of course it was censored like nobodys business). After those though I distinctly remember watching BigO when i realized hey this is Anime Wow cool beans. From then on I was hooked.

BTW does Voltron count as an Anime. Because I was watching that waaaaaay before I ever saw DBZ or Big O. Still didn\'t get my hooked like Big O did. Outlaw Star helped a lot too.

Life is too short to drink bad beer

Profile Email
Code
 06/01/04 02:13AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

the ones that got me were Lensman, Akira, and vampire huner d, when they showed saturday nights on sci-fi channel, faves are the Gundam series, macross saga, and now hellsing. just continously tryin to keep up to date so much new content is coming out theese days

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S OUR PRODUCTION IS THIER DESTRUCTION!!!

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.94 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Favorite Songs

You must be logged in to use the Favorites List!

User Functions

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Lost your password?

Chatterblock

Total public Chats: 278019
You must be logged in to post in the Chatterblock!
Auto-Refresh 60 seconds

Song Search