Armitage's Dimension Logo. Click here to Refresh Main Page.

Forum Index > ArmiTunes > Music and Video New Topic Post Reply
 Manga Apps & Online Readers

Sailor Moon
 11/13/14 01:16PM (Read 7357 times)  
MMMMM
working

So..I thought (and could swear) that I asked something similar about good places to read manga online (for free I believe)...but cannot seem to find the thread. So here I go again...

I used to use an app called Mango (aka pocketmanga) and it is no longer on Google Play -hasn't been for years. The app seems to have been running fine all this time on my now-former phone. It is available from the developer's website, but it is hard to determine if it is still supported and a FB post states that he took the server down to change out Hardware/Software around October and a recent as last week some people posted getting a connection error so I can only assume it is still down. I can still side load this app, but am hesitant; but every time I search this for any other ones, this app, Mango, still seem to be the main favorite and none of the new ones seem to be as good.

Oh and let me clarify, this app would connect to a handful of Manga servers (MangaHere, Manga Panda, and many others) so you could DL series of manga...all for for free. Many of the "replacement" apps seem to use the same servers to pull from - there seem to be about 3 to 5 that are go-to servers and then a handful of smaller but good servers that are sparingly used depending on the app. Mango used about 7 or 8 servers you could choose from to DL the manga. I think that the number of servers available and the new and old manga available were what people loved about it. And most of the DLs were decent quality too -not many broken pages, etc.

So my question(s) to you:

1) Do you use a Manga Reader App on your phone (Android preferred)? If so, which one?

2) If you don't use an app, but do read manga online - where do you read your manga? Are you able to read for free (meaning you don't have to purchase the manga (kinda like the app I just talked about)?

I think in a nutshell, those questions cover what I am looking for. Any suggestions are appreciated. ^_^

Thank you.

...Sailor Moon says.... you can change the world one A.R.K. at a time. ^_^

Profile Email
DesertPunk
 11/13/14 06:42PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

I like to use mangapark and mangareader most of the time. Mangapark gets new manga sooner then mangareader but has more advertisements. But that can be fixed with Adblock.

http://mangapark.com/

http://www.mangareader.net/

Crunchyroll has a decent manga app for android. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.crunchyroll.crmanga&hl=en

The original DesertPunk.

Profile Email
Anonymous: onurtag
 11/13/14 07:16PM  

I also use mangapark most of the time just because they have "all pictures in one page" option (and 3-6-10 pictures in one page)
For mobile you can get firefox and install adblock extension on it. (Sorry website owner! They are annoying.)

Sailor Moon
 11/14/14 09:59AM  
MMMMM
working

Upon first glance, those both sound interesting. I will be sure to check them as soon as I have more disposable time. ^_^

Do MangaPark & MangaReader have apps? Or they just online interfaces? If they are online interfaces, how does that work on a mobile platform....stupid question I know, but would I just read in the browser or does it DL files to my phone and then I use a reader from there (like Kindle or something)....

I saw the CrunchyRoll app, but most of the reviews seemed to state that there was limited free manga and that they push you to their paid version for better access. But I will certainly look into it.

I normally don't use a different browser on my phone, but I supposed it is something to consider.

Thank you for the suggestions...please, keep them coming (if there are more out there)!

Profile Email
Kousaka-san
 11/14/14 02:47PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

MangaReader and MangaSearcher work for me. The last one has been slow to update lately.

Kissmanga.com works great in the android chrome browser.
I have a paid subscription to Crunchyroll and it wont let me read manga on my tablet or phone. And even on the computer the selection is not that great.

Profile Email
DesertPunk
 11/14/14 07:10PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Mangapark and mangareader don't have apps and are not dl sites. Both sites run fine on my tablet that is use kitkat 4.4.4. But if you like light novels Baka-Tsuki has a app called BakaReader EX and they run a dl setup. If you give them a try remember to refresh the novel list to see what they have.

The original DesertPunk.

Profile Email
Kousaka-san
 11/14/14 10:03PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Quote by: DesertPunk

Mangapark and mangareader don't have apps and are not dl sites. Both sites run fine on my tablet that is use kitkat 4.4.4. But if you like light novels Baka-Tsuki has a app called BakaReader EX and they run a dl setup. If you give them a try remember to refresh the novel list to see what they have.

The problem I have found with online manga sites is the popup ads. Some have lewd ads. And if you have your volume turned up, everyone around you will hear it when they pop up...
I haven't had that problem with apps.

Profile Email
HappyTheKid
 11/15/14 03:57PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Have you tried mangarock?
I use it and it is amazing!

Profile Email
Pr0ctor
 11/15/14 04:10PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

for full browser (tablet or pc/mac) I second mangareader.net

also:
http://www.citymanga.com
and the previously mentioned baka-tsuki
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Main_Page

Profile Email
Sailor Moon
 11/17/14 11:54AM  
MMMMM
working

Quote by: HappyTheKid

Have you tried mangarock?
I use it and it is amazing!

Does it give you access to a good variety of servers?
Does it have bot old & new manga?
Does it have doujin, yaoi, yuri, etc.? I have seen some apps note that they don't have access to these genres. I am currently exploring these genres so it would be nice to have an app that allows me to try new stuff.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will read up on the app.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.09 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Favorite Songs

You must be logged in to use the Favorites List!

User Functions

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Lost your password?

Chatterblock

Total public Chats: 278366
You must be logged in to post in the Chatterblock!
Auto-Refresh 60 seconds

Song Search