Armitage's Dimension Logo. Click here to Refresh Main Page.

Forum Index > ArmiTunes > Music and Video New Topic Post Reply
 My new manga

Aros_Kisne
 05/17/10 04:49PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

xD awesome thread is awesome lmfao.

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Profile Email Website
nepander
 05/18/10 12:49AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Quote by: haruhispammer

and as a sign of continuing suppowt I made another manga ^^ ... this time a spinoff from nepander's tale

Oh, the group pressure... I wasn't actually thinking of making any more toons but it seems that I'l have to pay you back on this one! Smile

And okay, since haruhispammer made a spinoff of my "manga", I will make a spinoff of the spinoff!

Disclaimer: This post may be intended as a (bad) joke.

Profile Email
razi_leonhart
 05/18/10 08:56AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

hmmmm all these are good

The closer i get to the light ...the larger my shadow becomes.

Profile Email
The Game Fairy
 05/25/10 04:50AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

I have a question though, for manga here on AD, would it be best to read left to right, or right to left?

If you continue to read this signature, you shall lose The Game. Congratulations, you are a loser!

Profile Email
nepander
 05/30/10 06:18AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

You know what, Arsuru. you win. I will remove whatever irked you from here. You were right, I were wrong. You won the game, I lost it. Life's too short for hanging out with too serious people.

Profile Email
Arsuru
 05/30/10 05:53PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Quote by: nepander

Left to right, since this is not 100% authentic manga. At least until c-san contributes.

I will ask you but once to remove this silly notion from your mind.

Considering that "manga" is simply Japanese term for "comic" ( which I understand can also mean "cartoon" ), I fail to see how anything in this thread is not "authentic". "Manga" just a loanword that we use to distinguish comics of Japanese origin. Had it not been for the immense popularity of Japanese culture in recent years, they could have been known to us as "comics", just as early "anime" ( a term which is of non-Japanese origin ) was known to us as "cartoons".

The nationality of the writer or illustrator, and the orientation of reading do not define whether it is or is not a comic. How would you label, Princess Ai? By your terms, it couldn't possibly be authentic, as people of differing non-Japanese nationalities contributed to it's creation. The same applies for "anime" and "cartoon". What you now know and anime and manga possibly would not have been what it is without it's western counterparts in the first place.

But let me say… if I behave… can you arrange a spacious hole in the ground? Somewhere nice, make it nice, where the land meets high tide.

Profile Email Website
mURK
 05/31/10 07:20AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Arsuru,

I don't quite understand what you're getting at. Are you saying that the term "manga" is a synonym for "comic", and "anime" for "cartoon", or not?

If not, how would you define "manga"? How would you then define "authentic manga", since obviously if there is a definition for "manga" that differs from the definition of "comic", there must be something that distinguishes a more authentic manga from a less authentic one?

Profile Email
Quasar1920
 05/31/10 07:33AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Quote by: Arsuru

Left to right, since this is not 100% authentic manga. At least until c-san contributes.

Considering that "manga" is simply Japanese term for "comic" ( which I understand can also mean "cartoon" ), I fail to see how anything in this thread is not "authentic". "Manga" just a loanword that we use to distinguish comics of Japanese origin. Had it not been for the immense popularity of Japanese culture in recent years, they could have been known to us as "comics", just as early "anime" ( a term which is of non-Japanese origin ) was known to us as "cartoons".

Oh well. Wikipedia says '"Manga" as a term used outside Japan refers specifically to comics originally published in Japan.'

There's a catch however. If you see the actual reference it could mean Japanese-made cartoon as well.

If you think that's not quite specific then think about 'manga style'. What is it? Style used in Japanese-published comics? Like what comics? Crayon Shin-Chan? Death Note? Negima? Oh the humanity!

Hooray!

Profile Email
nepander
 05/31/10 07:40AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

edit:

I wish I would have as much talent as that person in not incurring the wrath of veteran members.

Profile Email
Peppersack
 05/31/10 07:55AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Quote by: Arsuru

[snip]
How would you label, Princess Ai? By your terms, it couldn't possibly be authentic, as people of differing non-Japanese nationalities contributed to it's creation.
[snip]

Before you get all fired up, please read carefully and note that what nepander implied was that it wouldn't be authentic manga without at least one japanese person contributing, not that any other nationality contributing would make it non-authentic.

After that, please note that he was probably joking.

Finally, please reply to all the other people, I'm interested.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.21 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Favorite Songs

You must be logged in to use the Favorites List!

User Functions

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Lost your password?

Chatterblock

Total public Chats: 278214
You must be logged in to post in the Chatterblock!
Auto-Refresh 60 seconds

Song Search