Armitage's Dimension Logo. Click here to Refresh Main Page.

Forum Index > ArmiTunes > General New Topic Post Reply
 Too little people

Anonymous: onurtag
 01/07/15 07:18PM  

Quote by: Armitage

FWIW I have never done anything to advertise the site externally. With the request system being what it is, it's kind of better for the site to stay smaller and more personal so the people who are here can get requests in.

Also, this web radio technology has remained pretty much unchanged for over 15 years while the world moves more to mobile and personalized streaming services. But as long as people keep tuning in, I'll keep running the site!

It is quite hard to dislike this sacred garden like feeling we have here Smile

We will see a lot more people enter from the front gate to say "Woah, so many songs I can request!"

Ice_Phoenix
 01/07/15 10:47PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

I check in time from time, yet sadly with current employer I can't be on at work. Add in the privacy rules in place they don't like us using personal mobile devies at work. Thus I don't chat really anymore or sadly to be honest taken the time to get to know new people here.

I do still listen in from time to time when I am at home, and I am glad to see the site is still around and some people are still around as well Smile

I really do like looking at all the pictures people post as well

"Going forward is enough of a challenge. Shall we?" ~ Tohya, Megatokyo #1015

Profile Email
xsakuravenx
 01/11/15 12:22AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

I just came back here a few days ago since I stopped listening after last summer. A lot of songs here are available that youtube blocks which is one of the advantages of this place. I actually enjoy listening to different songs, especially ones that others have requested so i can listen to some new songs and add some to my favorites as well.

It may be quiet but people like me come back once in a while or listen on their phones. Also youtube and other sites mentioned are taking over and others may be spending time doing something else. But I'm sure some of them will come by and visit once in a while like me. Big Grin

Profile Email
Crashcat
 01/11/15 12:58PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Ah the heyday of 2005 of AD. What a time to be alive at that time.

Good times, good times.

Live from Asia!! Heeeeere's Crash FM!!

Profile Email
Sailor Moon
 01/11/15 05:08PM  
MMMMM
mellow

Quote by: Crashcat

Good times, good times.

Ditto! Those were some good times. ^_^

...Sailor Moon says.... you can change the world one A.R.K. at a time. ^_^

Profile Email
Lord Il
 01/12/15 03:34PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Quote by: Sailor Moon

Quote by: Crashcat

Good times, good times.

Ditto! Those were some good times. ^_^

Hence what eventually got me to join here in '06. ^_~ So many awesome people. The community was so fun and full of life back then for sure.

"i should smack lord right now, but im too disgusted by him >_> my god, sticking a peice of paper in my mouth?! its almost as bad as rape =/" - Demoinai

Profile Email Website
Sordrak
 01/13/15 03:41PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

hey guys Big Grin i am back now for some fun Smile so i guess +1 listener Smile
miss the old times too so thats why i'm here

"Fight for those you have lost and for those you don't want to lose!"

Profile Email
SKK
 01/13/15 04:51PM  
++++-
Seasoned Veteran

Quote by: Armitage

I think a bit of it has to do with the holidays and such as well. People are just getting back from their vacations or Christmas breaks.

FWIW I have never done anything to advertise the site externally. With the request system being what it is, it's kind of better for the site to stay smaller and more personal so the people who are here can get requests in.

Also, this web radio technology has remained pretty much unchanged for over 15 years while the world moves more to mobile and personalized streaming services. But as long as people keep tuning in, I'll keep running the site!

I think what Armitage says is right. One of the main things about our website is the request system. The request system, as it currently stands, allows everyone to request at least one song of their choosing. On other larger request websites, they cannot have this unique system like ours. Either that, or their requests are less on demand. Having this unique request system is what makes Armitunes special for me.

That being said, there is probably a balance point where the system still works while having more people come in. Though I am sure this is making things more complicated than it should Razz

Though, I always wondered... if it was possible to set sub stations inside a larger station. In the case that the website does become bigger but still wanting to balance the request system.

>///< https://goo.gl/kdXLSQ https://goo.gl/n20peI

Profile Email
spiggy
 01/14/15 11:02PM  
+++++
Rock Legend
sleepy

rawr *cough cough cough* :p yes, life happened pretty hard to most of us. I'm barely on the site but started trying to listen while I'm waking up in the mornings. I get interrupted too much at work to make it worth while at times.

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Profile Email Website
FieryTyrant
 01/18/15 05:15PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

I guess you could say I've returned to the site. I stopped listening and actually used spotify and some other things in 2014 but I used to chat a lot with Hazumu-kun and MJay, if they're still around. I listen much more often now, during school mostly, but I don't listen on my phone because its just too much of a pain.

"Shichi-kai taore, hachi o eru."

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.17 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Favorite Songs

You must be logged in to use the Favorites List!

User Functions

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Lost your password?

Chatterblock

Total public Chats: 278817
You must be logged in to post in the Chatterblock!
Auto-Refresh 60 seconds

Song Search