Armitage's Dimension Logo. Click here to Refresh Main Page.

Forum Index > ArmiTunes > General New Topic Post Reply
 Too little people

Nina
 01/06/15 05:20AM (Read 5418 times)  
+++++
Rock Legend

Hey people, good day!

Today I was listening to AD when I noticed this:

Who's Online

Current Listeners: 142/2912

I mean, I know we used to have a LOT more users, I remember back when I registered it was pretty hard to actually request a song, since the line would be at 10 songs straight.

Did people leave us? Nina is a sad panda at this TT-TT

I'd rather fail then have than bear the shame of apprehension.

Profile Email Website
Sailor Moon
 01/06/15 09:28AM  
MMMMM
working

It's this little thing called Life. It gets in the way of doing the things we want. Confused

But I know what you mean. Many of the people I came to know (the veterans if you will), have since moved on or things have gotten to a point where they just can't visit like they want to.

I admit that I am not the presence on here that I once was. I try to visit, tend not to chat much (for various reasons) when I am here, and actually am on a different music genre binge at the moment so not actually listening. Mayday, my counterpart in life, used to be here all the time but since he can't really visit the site while at work, he doesn't come around much, if at all really.

So as you see, everyone has some sort of reason for their activity or lack there of.

I think it's almost cyclical - it comes and goes. It has been quiet lately, though. Rolling Eyes

I know that probably does not make you feel any better, but just thought I would throw my thoughts out there. ^_^

...Sailor Moon says.... you can change the world one A.R.K. at a time. ^_^

Profile Email
Quad
 01/06/15 03:17PM  
++++-
Seasoned Veteran

I'll admit, I haven't been here in a while either. My original account was "domen178", but honestly I just decided to make a new one rather than use an outdated name,
I guess it's more that Internet Radio is slowly dying.

Now that there's Spotify and whatnot they're not that popular anymore. But hey, better with some than none.

Profile Email Website
Sailor Moon
 01/06/15 04:46PM  
MMMMM
working

Quote by: Quad

I'll admit, I haven't been here in a while either. My original account was "domen178", but honestly I just decided to make a new one rather than use an outdated name,
I guess it's more that Internet Radio is slowly dying.

Now that there's Spotify and whatnot they're not that popular anymore. But hey, better with some than none.

Well, AD does have an app...but it is not developed such that you can interface with the site. Note, it was user created not site wonder created.

Also, I suppose that you could argue that streaming services are taking the place of sites such as AD, but I know many streaming apps (unlike Spotify and Pandora) that stream AD. My example is that the k-pop I am currently listen to is via internet radio but I can also connect to it via a third party app that has it's channel/station id. While the number Nina posted was low, it could be that some people are listening via those third party apps to AD and not via the website links (unsure if those apps tap into the listener count on the website). Additionally, I do not know the heft of their respective databases when it comes to this genre of music (anime/j-pop/j-rock) so it is hard to tell if these apps are actually taking listeners away from AD in that sense. I mean, 50K+ songs is really impressive. Not sure if I could say the same for Spotify & Pandora.

But an interesting point you raise. ^_^

...Sailor Moon says.... you can change the world one A.R.K. at a time. ^_^

Profile Email
Armitage
 01/06/15 07:11PM  
AAAAA
Admin

I think a bit of it has to do with the holidays and such as well. People are just getting back from their vacations or Christmas breaks.

FWIW I have never done anything to advertise the site externally. With the request system being what it is, it's kind of better for the site to stay smaller and more personal so the people who are here can get requests in.

Also, this web radio technology has remained pretty much unchanged for over 15 years while the world moves more to mobile and personalized streaming services. But as long as people keep tuning in, I'll keep running the site!

-Armitage

Profile Email Website
Arsuru
 01/06/15 09:26PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

I still think social networking has some part in the huge drop in people actually talking. Sure, less older members talk, but almost no new people ever talk. I think it often has less to do with life being in the way than with the way of life and interaction are changing, because time is certainly not always a factor. I'm sure many of us are in front of a computer often enough for these hobbies anyway.

Many people have their music on their phone or whatever now too, or perhaps use the site from a mobile device where it may just be annoying to talk.

Quote by: Armitage

But as long as people keep tuning in, I'll keep running the site!

Good to know, since AD is like my cyber-home. ^^ Almost always have some memory set aside for it.

But let me say… if I behave… can you arrange a spacious hole in the ground? Somewhere nice, make it nice, where the land meets high tide.

Profile Email Website
Nina
 01/07/15 05:18AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

I think a bit of it has to do with the holidays and such as well. People are just getting back from their vacations or Christmas breaks.

FWIW I have never done anything to advertise the site externally. With the request system being what it is, it's kind of better for the site to stay smaller and more personal so the people who are here can get requests in.

Also, this web radio technology has remained pretty much unchanged for over 15 years while the world moves more to mobile and personalized streaming services. But as long as people keep tuning in, I'll keep running the site!

Thanks AD Smile I registered here 7 years ago when my life was a piece of crap and AD really helped me turn things around, I am glad to be here and will always Smile

I'd rather fail then have than bear the shame of apprehension.

Profile Email Website
Quad
 01/07/15 05:42AM  
++++-
Seasoned Veteran

But as long as people keep tuning in, I'll keep running the site!

<3
Quote by: Arsuru

Many people have their music on their phone or whatever now too, or perhaps use the site from a mobile device where it may just be annoying to talk.

I do indeed listen to AD a lot on my phone. Usually at least an hour a day.

Chatting or using a forum on a phone isn't the best experience there is. Not to mention that often I'm walking while I'm listening

Profile Email Website
Felladin
 01/07/15 05:48AM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Spotify may exist, but they don't have Tsun Neko no Waltz, so instant fail on their part.
Love AD!

Profile Email
Quad
 01/07/15 05:50AM  
++++-
Seasoned Veteran

Quote by: Felladin

Spotify may exist, but they don't have Tsun Neko no Waltz, so instant fail on their part.
Love AD!

Indeed. None of the streaming services really have a good selection of anime music or often Japanese music in general

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.20 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Favorite Songs

You must be logged in to use the Favorites List!

User Functions

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Lost your password?

Chatterblock

Total public Chats: 278817
You must be logged in to post in the Chatterblock!
Auto-Refresh 60 seconds

Song Search