Armitage's Dimension Logo. Click here to Refresh Main Page.

Forum Index > ArmiTunes > General New Topic Post Reply
 Post Your Picture 1

Crashcat
 12/02/08 07:50PM (Read 41358 times)  
+++++
Rock Legend

-Big Edit:

Post your picture! Young or old, family or pets. It doesn't matter!
Show your friends here who you are. Cool

Hi,

Currently looking for a DSLR and a compact to compliment for my trip to Japan.
My eye is on the Canon XSI and a Ixus SD790.

What gear are you using?

ps. You may post nice photo's here. Just be sure that you include the EXIF data with it. Flickr has a nice option to show the data along your photo.

Live from Asia!! Heeeeere's Crash FM!!

Profile Email
Crashcat
 12/04/08 03:59PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Practised a while ago on a Eos 400D. But too lazy to post proces xD

Profile Email
Sailor Moon
 12/04/08 04:16PM  
MMMMM
moody

I do not know of any DSLR cameras to recommend but MD & I just got a Panasonic DMC-TZ5 (the blue one). It is a 9mp camera with about a 2.5-3 inch LCD on the back, and a 10x optical zoom with about 13-16 digital zoom i believe, but then the picture goes to a 3mp quality when you use the digital zoom. Even at 3mp, the few pictures we took at digital zoom are still pretty good on the little screen with little pixelation that we could notice.

It has many cool features and presets for specific types of picture taking such as fireworks, sports events, portraits, landscapes, beach scenes, etc. I believe it has on-board editing for pictures and also does video if needed. It got some impressive reviews and is pretty nice. I am not sure if it is classifies as a compact but it is certainly a nice hand-held camera. We did some shopping around and got it at NewEgg for under $300. Just keep in mind, you will need extra batteries for this camera as it tends to drain a battery pretty good when not using it constantly- we lucked out and got some RadioShack brand batteries as back ups but we will be getting one other Panasonic brand battery as well.

Just thought I would suggest it since we are thrilled at the pics it takes. We have not off-loaded them yet, but we went to an air show about a month ago and got some great pics! The clarity is amazing and that is just on the little screen on the camera.

So that is our two cents. Hope that helps. ^_^

Have fun in Japan and we hope you share some of our pics.

Mr. Green

...Sailor Moon says.... you can change the world one A.R.K. at a time. ^_^

Profile Email
hanyo
 12/04/08 06:35PM  
+++++
Rock Legend
stressed

I have heard good things about the Nikon D60 and D80, as well as the Canon Rebel EOS SXi.

If it wasn't this it'd be something else!

Profile Email
Sailor Moon
 12/10/08 11:01AM  
MMMMM
okay

So any luck on what camera(s) you are getting/taking with you? Just curious.

And if I have not already said so... HAVE FUN IN JAPAN!!
TAKE LOTS AND LOTS OF PICTURES!! AND BE SURE TO SHARE THOSE PICS!!! Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

...Sailor Moon says.... you can change the world one A.R.K. at a time. ^_^

Profile Email
tworavens
 12/10/08 02:48PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

I recently bought the Canon PowerShot SD790IS and it's a solid little camera for travel. Very light, fits in the palm of your hand, 3in screen capable of being viewed even in bright sunlight. I put a 16GB card in for the hell of it, so I can now take over 3500 poster sized shots or 2.5hrs of video before I download. Actually, with that much space I supposed I'd never actually have to download if I didn't want to...

This line has improved a great deal in the last few years for lower light levels and image stabilization. Still best under moderate conditions though. Not too bright of sunlight, not too fast moving a subject, and you'd better be on a tripod indoors or any time beyond late afternoon.

My only concerns with it are:
1. It's delicate. With almost the entire back an LCD screen, it could be easy to scratch or damage.
2. It's delicate. The control tabs, wheel, and data port cover look sleek, but I suspect they may break sooner rather than later. Wish they'd gone with more standard buttons and cover.

Still overall, I'd recommend it as one of the best buys for price vs function in the compact travel camera category.

I have seen the future, and it is round and cute.

Profile Email Website
Crashcat
 12/17/08 06:27PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

I haven't bought a camera yet. Gonna get my eyes lasered first. Probs be getting a camera after that.
Somewhere in March I'll head to Japan so I still have time to get to know the cam if I get one.

I'll be watching you until then from the creeping shadows ^^

Profile Email
Crashcat
 01/03/09 03:20PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Finally got a XSI and tried to shoot some pics.
Did some testing indoor, but shooting fireworks is difficult T_T
Had to crank iso to 1600 because i didn't had a tripod. Out of the 100 or so onli 20 was ok-ish.

Profile Email
Evie
 01/22/09 07:02PM  
+++++
Rock Legend
cheerful

Okay if you really want some nice advise on that camera, I have it! ^_^ However I'm not sure if my knowledge on it is anywhere near good enough. My hubby is the photographer (on a professional/hobby level). I can recommend some really nice sites that have a great community and will prove to be very resourceful! ^_^ If you wanna talk camera stuff....then I think Defiant is still on AD somewhere here...(that's my hubby). He loves talking about them. ^_^

The lenses we have are the 18-55 IS (kit lens that came with ours) and then the 50mm f/1.8 II (most awesome prime and under $100). That is my favorite thing to shoot in.....but I'm not sure about doing landscapes with it....because it's a zoom lens. But for an actual good cheaper zoom I've heard the EF-S 55-250mm is quite good for the price. I recommend the Prime Lens first.

http://photocamel.com/ This one is probably the "one-stop" for help if you will. I highly recommend it.

http://www.photographybay.com/ is good for news. If you're interested.

Another fun site is http://www.the-digital-picture.com/

and last, I present to you http://www.canonrumors.com/

Hmmm that's about all....we also have the Nikon D300....but since you already bought the Canon (which I like over the Nikon) have fun! ^_^ It's really good for starting out.

I would agree with people on the small point and shoot Canons....I'm not sure which one is really the latest and all that...but you don't have to go nearly as high in megapixel for quality with them....because they're point and shoot.

Hope this helps!! ^_^ Happy Shooting! ;-)

"If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough." ~My dad.

Profile Email
Evie
 01/22/09 07:05PM  
+++++
Rock Legend

Oh and those aren't so bad for outdoor, low light fireworks....nice call on the iso settings ^_^ let the fun begin! ^_^

"If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough." ~My dad.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.26 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Favorite Songs

You must be logged in to use the Favorites List!

User Functions

Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User

Lost your password?

Chatterblock

Total public Chats: 278769
You must be logged in to post in the Chatterblock!
Auto-Refresh 60 seconds

Last Post: 07/16/19 16:15

Song Search